Traktor Pro loop size - using loop in point?

Default Traktor Pro loop size - using loop in point?

Been fiddling around for a while now, but decided it was time to give up and ask you guys - I'm trying to set up a knob on my Numark Omni to control loop size. I got it working using the loop out point (just using the 'loop size' command) but I'd quite like it to work using the loop in point when I have a modifier enabled.

Just to further explain, this is what I want:
    - When the knob is turned left, loop size halves (by moving the loop out point backwards)
    - When the knob is turned right, loop size doubles (by moving the loop out point forwards)
    - When the knob is turned left and the modifier is enabled, loop size doubles (by moving the loop in point backwards)
    - When the knob is turned right and the modifier is enabled, loop size halves (by moving the loop in point forwards)

Any ideas?
    Last edited by mistertuckshop; 07-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.

I'm not sure if it CAN be done. But, maybe investigate this:
    When you hold down modifier
    1. loop out point goes back 1/2 of loop length (you know how to do this)
    2. loop jumps back 1/2 loop length. (I think this is possible, but it's 2:42am so I'm not in the mood, sorry)

Hmmm, I've tried a few more things, but still no luck... any ideas?

edit: oh ok - so I just got it half working, this bit: When the knob is turned right and the modifier is enabled, loop size halves (by moving the loop in point forwards)

but the other bit doesn't work.

Here's what I've got set to this knob when the modfier is enabled:
    Cue/Loop Move mode, button/hold, set to value: loop
    Cue/Loop Move size, button/hold, set to value: loop
    Loop size, encoder/relative, inverted
    Cue/Loop Move, encoder/relative

Like I said, it works fine for halving the loop, but when turning the knob the other way to double it, the loop doubles (good) but jumps backwards the 'new' loop size. So say I have a 2-bar loop (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8). I halve it by turning the knob when the modifier is enabled, so I now have a 1-bar loop (5, 6, 7, 8). But when I go to double it, I end up with a 2-bar loop starting 1 bar BEFORE my original one (-, -, -, -, 1, 2, 3, 4), when actually I'd like to go back to the original 2-bar loop (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8). Derp, I'm a bit rubbish at explaining things, I hope you understand...
    Last edited by mistertuckshop; 07-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.

I messed around w/ the Cue/Loop last night as I've mapped them out on my 1D. Honestly, I doubt it's a feature I'll use, but figured it would be nice to have them. I might have mine set wrong, but if I have a 16 bar loop, and have the move set to 16, by moving right, it moves 16 bars. by moving left, it only moves 8. Weird.

I would guess for your situation you'll need to do some voodoo with modifiers. You might need to even change the move mode, jump back, and reset the loop w/ the new size. That's a very basic theory off of zero experimentation though.