Traktor Pro license transfer issues - one for Karlos?

Default Traktor Pro license transfer issues - one for Karlos?

As I've bought a full version of Traktor Scratch Pro I have sold my old license for Traktor Pro. I've contacted NI and deregistered the license but the chap I've sold it to is having difficult registering Traktor Pro since this has been done

He is getting an error stating something along the lines of 'the user
    account does not hold the appropriate base unit'

Is this because this was an upgrade version of Traktor Pro? I upgraded
    from Traktor LE to Traktor DJ Studio 3 to Traktor Pro over the years, and I've given him the disks, but I've not bothered to deregister them yet. Is this what's causing the problem?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

It seems like he also needs to register LE and Traktor DJ Studio 3 first, as you sold him the Upgrade-Version.
    Deregister them as well if possible.

If that won't work go for Karlos
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I've asked NI to deregister the LE/Studio 3 licenses this morning, so hopefully we should be able to sort this out.

I'm assuming the chap would have to install LE, register it, then Studio 3, register it, then Pro and register it for this to work?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Yeah it looks like that.

You could explain your situation to NI, maybe they'll change the key to a full one, so all the installing/registering becomes obsolete.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah the murky waters of not having the "Qualifying Product" activated on the same machine.

Your right that it is because you have sold an Upgrade Product. When the guy activates it, it will look for the previous Licence Install which he wont have.

These issues are very tricky... You may have to unregister your other products and give him the disks.

However Support may find a workaround. Issues like this are only fixable by Registration Support but if you want to pass your Support Ticket to me i can follow its progress.

PM it to me on the NI forum or PM me here if you need to mate.
    Please dont post the Ticket here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    These issues are very tricky... You may have to unregister your other products and give him the disks.
    Did this at the time. He's got disks and manuals for all 3 products. I just didn't unregister the LE and Studio 3 keys, though I have done now

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    However Support may find a workaround. Issues like this are only fixable by Registration Support but if you want to pass your Support Ticket to me i can follow its progress.

PM it to me on the NI forum or PM me here if you need to mate.
    Please dont post the Ticket here though.
    Yer a gent. I'll PM you the details now