OT, MArathon runners and Ipod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT, MArathon runners and Ipod

Was thinking how boring it must be to run marathons or any long distant event without some tunes, I cant even manage 20 minutes on the Bike with outsome motavational house.

So, if your running the new york or whatever Marathon, Can you don the ipod or not?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Some events let you, some events strongly discourage them and some events have banned them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

psytrance is scientifically proven to improve you marathon time by at least 10 minutes, thus, banned.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

MP3 players get banned because they are perceived as a safety hazard when runners listening to music can't hear other runners or traffic. There is enormous debate in the running community about this. It has nothing to do with performance enhancement, and some races do allow mp3 players. No particular kind of music is more effective; it's regulating pace over longer periods that makes the energy expenditure more efficient.

I do think that groove-oriented EDM has advantages over other music. See my blog essay "Why We Move to Grooves"

Many runners train listening to music. It's my bread and butter.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I run most nights. Not far, just a light jog down the river path.
    First song on my iPod shuffle when i run is always:

Public Enemy - Fight The Power

Dunno why but that track just gets me in the mood. I dont get all aggressive or angry i just get a little amped.

Wierd eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Dunno why but that track just gets me in the mood. I dont get all aggressive or angry i just get a little amped.

Wierd eh?
    Totally understand, I'm not a massive rock fan but I like what I like and I have a "running" play list for the gym on my ipod which is mostly rock of some description, first track is: Little Girl by Death From Above - put's my body in exercise mode everytime without fail!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

When I run by myself I always listen to music. Intelligent D&B is quite good, you get a 'busy floating' feeling from it which is good for long runs. Plus the bpm is about the same as my average heartrate when 'going for it'.

I've run a few large half-marathons and I find it is better not to listen to music, I prefer to soak in the atmosphere of running in a crowd.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

The standout favorite among runners is Eminem's "Lose Yourself," followed, god help us all, by "Eye of the Tiger."
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

And followed by The Who's Baba O'Riley, in my eyes

^^Try Loes yourself DnB remix

But yea working out with hard pounding bass is an essential
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast