which soundcard for new setup im putting together
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default which soundcard for new setup im putting together

ok so im looking at getting 2 kontrol x1's and a ddm4000 for 4 deck mixing at home (plan to add mashine later).

which soundcard will i need to cover this?

thanks

- me

p.s.

looking to mix externally, basically im going to use the ddm4000 as a poor mans, low sound quality replacement for an xone 92 =p

thanks in advance guys
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

I'd recommend u to get the Audio dj 8! I have it and i Love it
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    I'd recommend u to get the Audio dj 8! I have it and i Love it
    yeah im quickly realizing thats the only way for me to go, run the x1's on the audio 8 and then run mashine into the mic return on the mixer.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw
    yeah im quickly realizing thats the only way for me to go, run the x1's on the audio 8 and then run mashine into the mic return on the mixer.
    Aren't X1's USB? Ain't Maschine USB?

Controllers plug straight into your computer and control the software. You specify where the audio goes from WITHIN your software.

There are a load of sound cards with 8 outs that will allow 4 deck mixing. Don't fall into the trap of getting NI cards just because so many people around here have 'em.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Aren't X1's USB? Ain't Maschine USB?

Controllers plug straight into your computer and control the software. You specify where the audio goes from WITHIN your software.

There are a load of sound cards with 8 outs that will allow 4 deck mixing. Don't fall into the trap of getting NI cards just because so many people around here have 'em.
    so true, OP: tell us how you're thinking of setting this up

Tech Guru

4 outs into the mixer (1 for each deck) and running mashine into the mic input on the mixer. i figure i ever play out with this setup, the likelyhood of a club having an 8 channel mixer is slim to none. 4 channel + mic is a lot more likely.

so since mashine itself doesnt have any audio outputs, ill need either a 9 channel soundcard or an audio 8 and an audio 2? (head explodes)

nonononono

The maschine plugs into USB port of laptop, just like the X1 (two times) and the audio 8. Then the audio 8 cables (audio cables, output) go into the mixer (4 channel input).. voìla

im thinking of getting this setup 2 you could use the ddm4000 full midi so plug it in via usb until you have enough money for a soundcard. Thats what im thinking of doing anyways

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    nonononono

The maschine plugs into USB port of laptop, just like the X1 (two times) and the audio 8. Then the audio 8 cables (audio cables, output) go into the mixer (4 channel input).. voìla
    yeah see the only way ive seen this setup is by using 2 laptops, 1 for mashine and 1 for traktor, but i went to a clinic yesterday with chris liebing (who was friggin amazing last night i might add) and drumcell swore up and down that you can run 4 decks into an external mixer with mashine on 1 laptop.

i have witnesses, jesc was there with me lol.

but anyway, im just not getting how thats possible without 9 sets of outputs. what am i not grasping here?

thanks for the replies btw everyone

Its usb so it can plug into the computer then the SOFTWARE can be routed through to traktor. Big fancy DJ's use 2 labtops because there big fancy DJ's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast