What will best compliment my Faderfox DJ2?
    Tech Wizard

Default What will best compliment my Faderfox DJ2?

I want to add a second controller to my setup when I upgrade to Traktor pro. I'm looking for something that will allow me drop in/out of loops and adjust them, jump between cue points, and control the new effect parameters that Pro offers.

deck C and D control is not a large priority, but i would like room for expansion.

I have been looking at the axiom25, akai mpd24, or the stanton da-scratch. but now these new korg usb controllers have really peaked my interest.

has anyone had any experience trying to link together and program a tks/tsi for a Faderfox and another controller? Is this something that someone else might be interested in, and willing to help me do?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't think it would be terribly different than any other controllers linked together. Just make sure the notes don't overlap on the same channel and you should be okay. Also, keep in mind, that with modifiers you can control the other decks a LOT easier
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

could you explain 'modifiers'? every time i've tried to remap my controls i've screwed up royally.

read the manual for that = short explanation modifiers make it possible to give one midi button different tasks.

personaly to much modifiers make a controller to complex for me. if you have to remember 6 different controlls on 1 button it just doesn't play well.

for the things you're writing it's easier that you write down what controlls you need
    for the fx chained or advance you need 4 rotaries for 1 fx slot (optional 3 buttons)
    if you want to controll fx slot 1 & 2 @ the same time you'll need this times 2
    for looping i personaly only need a button (set / active) & a rotary (or 2 buttons) (length) times 4 if you want to use it on every deck @ the same time.
    jumping back and forward in cue points you only need 1 or 2 buttons. you can do this for 1 deck or for 4 @ the same time that's up 2 you

if i look @ your dj2 you have enough buttons (probably some left now right ?) and staying @ faderfox i would go for the LD2
    organic is the word of 2009
    www.dj-wb.com
    www.readthefuckingmanual.com
    setup: reloop rp 6000, xone 92 & 1D, traktor scratch 3.4

The manuals explination of modifiers is pretty horrible :\
    I bet Ean will get a tutorial up on modifiers

if you read the tip a page further as i can recall it's explained better
    organic is the word of 2009
    www.dj-wb.com
    www.readthefuckingmanual.com
    setup: reloop rp 6000, xone 92 & 1D, traktor scratch 3.4

Tech Wizard

in my case the korg nanokontrol complements my faderfox dj2. I'm really happy with this setup. Very portable and enough of controls!

the faderfox ld2 looks like a good alternative, too. the advantage is that you can chain the foxes... but the nanokontrol (in black!) looks good, too!