DJ set question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ set question

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

First of Congrats dude

136-140bpm seems pretty dang fast for an opening shift :-O ..

Any place I've ever played after someone they would normally ask me what kinda stuff I'm gonna be playing and what kind of style they want me to finish up with, not normally the other way around (likewise I'd always ask what kinda stuff the dj following me wants me to finish up with).

If I'm opening before someone I almost always pitch my tracks back to about -4% of what i'd play them at normally so the following DJ has room to maneuver.

Anyhoo's, seeing as you're still on the opening schedule (I'm guessing more DJ's on after you right?) .. I'd probably just mix into what he's playing unless the place was packed at 10.30 and you see an opportunity to get a few screams from the crowd, at which stage I'd kill the sounds, kill all the lights, pump out lots smoke and intro into something BIG!

I never really like the idea of a night getting broken up into multiple parts every change of DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    First of Congrats dude
    [U]
    136-140bpm seems pretty dang fast for an opening shift :-O ..

I never really like the idea of a night getting broken up into multiple parts every change of DJ.

Most nights won't open with Tech Trance though, so it's far from normal circumstances.

The more I think about that the crazier/stupider it seems, I mean I'd understand closing with harder music after working up to it.. but the other way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12