my traktor is freezing! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    i mean its worth trying out. dual booting to both takes some time to get everything working just make sure you download your drivers onto a usb drive first as well as the program easybcd. easybcd makes it so you can dual boot because vista/7 use a different loader than xp. although i feel like xp runs slower the traktor performance is 10fold. i would have my processor be stable at around 25-40 percent with traktor and spike to 100 if i used too many effects where as xp its from 2-7 percent with spikes to 20.
    don't want to sound like a smart arse, but i know most of that already. went 7/7 to save hastle.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    How is Gamebooster working for you? Do you have a dual boot or do you just use the app when you want to DJ with the lappy?

The reason I'm asking is there a lot of rookies that run into the PC spike problem, and if a simple little band-aid like this works for a bedroom DJ, it is something I would recommend to others in the future. It might not be a working professional's choice, but if it can get rookies up and running it would be great.

Phil.
    i tried gamebooster. its an alright program but mostly frees up ram. around 400 megs of it so its not really a game changer in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    i tried gamebooster. its an alright program but mostly frees up ram. around 400 megs of it so its not really a game changer in my opinion
    plus a bunch of unwanted processes, so freeing up CPU cycles

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12