my traktor is freezing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default my traktor is freezing!

So im running traktor pro 1.2.4 with an audio 2 dj. i currently dont have any controllers plugged in and the only background app i have running is rainmeter. i tried adjusting some latency settings on my audio card but it hasnt helped. so ill be playing two tracks, the cpu gauge in traktor wont really move but i had my task manager open and it was spiking some. traktor will randomly freeze for a few seconds durning playback and then continue playing. i have a lenovo laptop core 2 duo at 2.33 with 2 gigs of ram and a 512 meg video card. anyone have any ideas what could be the problem. a friend offered to sell me his old macbook pro that needs a battery but im hoping there could be an easier solution or a setting in traktor i havent tried..

Tech Guru

if its a windows box then a ton of things could be affecting it. best advice i can give you is make a partition just for dj'ing, disable damn near everything, any kind of power management, maintenence services, hell even disable aero, including the wifi and nic on it, and dj that way. the best fix really is buy a mac though. coreaudio > all
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

There's loads you can do, search this forum, the NI forum and google for optimising your PC for audio performance eg setting it to prioritise background services. I run TPro on PC with no problems
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    S a friend offered to sell me his old macbook pro that needs a battery
    How much does he want for it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Vista? I run traktor on a win 7 64 bit machine, i also use a little app called gamebooster to kill processes and everything runs smooth.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

just an update for everyone. i was running windows 7 and tried everything to make it work with traktor. i made a separate log in with no processes running it was so bare bones but yet my CPU would spike every few seconds. I decided to dual boot into XP and it solved all my problems. my cpu is running at 7% at the max.

Get a Macbook Pro... from what I've been told, you'll see the end of the world before you experience a glitch. I'm saving my pennies.

Note: I've been a Windows user for quite some time, and my budget has dictated that in the meantime I'll have to make do with a Dell (which has not failed me once in 4 years)... but I'm open to change, and it appears you can't really go wrong with a MBP. Save up!!

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    just an update for everyone. i was running windows 7 and tried everything to make it work with traktor. i made a separate log in with no processes running it was so bare bones but yet my CPU would spike every few seconds. I decided to dual boot into XP and it solved all my problems. my cpu is running at 7% at the max.
    hmmm... maybe i should switch out my win 7/win 7 dual for a win7/xp dual? don't get any problems with current config though. but if it could mean a slight improvement....

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Vista? I run traktor on a win 7 64 bit machine, i also use a little app called gamebooster to kill processes and everything runs smooth.
    How is Gamebooster working for you? Do you have a dual boot or do you just use the app when you want to DJ with the lappy?

The reason I'm asking is there a lot of rookies that run into the PC spike problem, and if a simple little band-aid like this works for a bedroom DJ, it is something I would recommend to others in the future. It might not be a working professional's choice, but if it can get rookies up and running it would be great.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    hmmm... maybe i should switch out my win 7/win 7 dual for a win7/xp dual? don't get any problems with current config though. but if it could mean a slight improvement....
    i mean its worth trying out. dual booting to both takes some time to get everything working just make sure you download your drivers onto a usb drive first as well as the program easybcd. easybcd makes it so you can dual boot because vista/7 use a different loader than xp. although i feel like xp runs slower the traktor performance is 10fold. i would have my processor be stable at around 25-40 percent with traktor and spike to 100 if i used too many effects where as xp its from 2-7 percent with spikes to 20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast