Traktor Pro Quantize Value

Default Traktor Pro Quantize Value

Hey DJTT.

I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to make Traktor Pro quantize to the beat. With the Quant option turned off I find myself pretty inaccurate with beat jumping and cue juggling, so I turned it on and it's great because everything stays in sync. However, you are limited to one juggle every beat, which sucks quite a bit. Is there any way to make Traktor quantize to 1/8th or 1/16th? I know Ableton supports this, but I looked around the in preferences and the manual and couldn't find anything.

I'll try changing the tempo of the song to 4 or 8 times what it is supposed to be and see if I can fake Traktor into jumping it at what it thinks are beats but are actually a fraction thereof, but this would suck to do for a lot of songs. Any hints?

Im not sure if there is a way to change it but what i would like is to be able to use quantisation templates, i think would be alot better for cue juggles than the simple quantisation to a beat.

Crud. I tried the tempo trick by exporting a song from Ableton out 4 times as fast as it should be and then reducing it back down in Traktor and it didn't work one bit.

The next idea would be to use Ableton or Traktor as a VST in the other and use the features from both in combination, but I'm pretty sure that isn't possible. Could I run them both on the same machine and use the MIDI Clock to sync up and then juggle in Ableton and mix in Traktor like in that post in your sig? I'll try that this evening.

Otherwise I guess I'll have to learn to be more accurate with my button presses. Any hints or tips on that?

Quote Originally Posted by hornairs View Post
    Crud. I tried the tempo trick by exporting a song from Ableton out 4 times as fast as it should be and then reducing it back down in Traktor and it didn't work one bit.

The next idea would be to use Ableton or Traktor as a VST in the other and use the features from both in combination, but I'm pretty sure that isn't possible. Could I run them both on the same machine and use the MIDI Clock to sync up and then juggle in Ableton and mix in Traktor like in that post in your sig? I'll try that this evening.

Otherwise I guess I'll have to learn to be more accurate with my button presses. Any hints or tips on that?
    Id practice getting better until Traktor has a better quantisation template, even Abletons quantisation isnt that great, but it is better than Traktors.

If your still super keen though i spose you could trigger quantised midi clips in ableton that send messages to traktor telling Traktor to cue jump. That way as long as Traktor and Ableton are synced you would have the advantages of Abletons quantisation. Ive thought about doing this, but you would be the first person i know to actually do it if you pulled it off.

Seriously though, if Traktor put in a good quantisation template like on whats on an MPC it would make cue juggling for new people sooo much easier.