What have I missed? Music wise...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What have I missed? Music wise...

Been out the game since february this year (work commitments) and I've been asked to do a few nights soon, so can anyone point the best new indie/electro tracks or remixes of them, bootlegs/mashups?

I really should have kept my ear to the floor but it was nice just to not have to for a bit
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

as it's only been a few months, prob just carry on where you left off? don't think any major changes have occurred?

but then i don't watch blogs/reviews/charts/anything that would sway what music i buy. that way i buy purely on my own preference

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

^ this so much

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    Been out the game since february this year (work commitments) and I've been asked to do a few nights soon, so can anyone point the best new indie/electro tracks or remixes of them, bootlegs/mashups?

I really should have kept my ear to the floor but it was nice just to not have to for a bit
    Seriously, you havent heard... Oh wow... the hot new Genre is...

Who am i kidding... fuck all has changed except there are now 8 Million Lady Gaga remixes rather that 4 Million.

If id venture anything for the UK id say the D&B has made a little bit of a return to the High Street Clubs. Generally cus people are shit-bored of Dubstep remixes of everthing.
    And... is it me or are Breaks (as in Breakbeat, Plumps, Elite Force etc not real Old school Breakbeat) making a little bit of a return???

yay less dub-step more dnb =D Knew that fad would end sooner or later

Yeah dont think too much has changed to be honest but then again i guess it depends where you are from too lol

But yeah i think dubstep has been raped and pillaged as much as i love some of the styles i think too much of something is well too much lol
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Imo, Dubstep needs to go back to being stuff like this classic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK_9K4siIQM&fmt=18
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

no more wobbles.. please for the love of bass

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    no more wobbles.. please for the love of bass
    ^^^
    this.

wobbley electro and dubstep is so 2008-2009

there's been a pretty noticeable backlash against Rottun Records this year too, i think it's safe to say that 2010 has marked the end of brostep's cool factor. the only people still obsessed with that sound are scene newbs and people with poor taste.

don't get me wrong a little bit of it in small doses is alright, but it isn't "next level" anymore by a long shot. if you want to sound fresh, avoid that shit at all costs imo.

personally i've started walking away from the blogosphere big time this year, i've been having more fun just discovering music through record labels and just getting my fingers dirty with digging for a sound that suits me, cutting out the middle man (blogs). There's a lot of new blood lately in IDM/Glitch Hop, Trip Hop, Breaks and Drum&Bass which has pulled me away from the house/techno genres which dominated my attention last year.

I think 2011 is going to mark a serious return of broken beats popularity which we saw fade away a bit after 2006 in favor of the new house/techno subgenres like electro.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 07-12-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast