Why are clubs 19+ @ NYC - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LOLz. Got to get me there someday.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

It's pretty ridiculous, if you don't have crazy 16-17 yr old girls and boys in a club its not even worth it... I look at all these odd photos from the US, it looks like the oldtimers club man, jaded people all over - like what the hell are they doing there. Young people are the future, they have that naive, unconditional passion for the music and that's why the electronic scene is so much healthier in Europe. When I was 16 I could grab one beer and dance non-stop for 7+ hours, now I would have to take all these drugs and still can't get down like back in the days!

Hi All,

At least u guys have proper clubs to go to.....theres none in my country....

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz View Post
    Hi All,

At least u guys have proper clubs to go to.....theres none in my country....
    I allways found events held in empty warehouses or even out in the middle of the bush to be more enjoyable than a club enviroment personally... So as long as you have stuff like that where you live your really not missing out on much.

Blame Mayor Guilliani. Don't get me wrong, he is my hero now, but the ex-prosecutor turned mayor tore up the club scene in NYC. When I was in high school back in 94 and first got my license at age 17, I used to fill my car up with all of my 16 year old friends (mainly girls) and head to the Limelight to see the all time great freak show that it was and dance our butts off. They would not even ID us, just let us right in. Then in later years, when I used to promote for parties at the Tunnel, one of our best promoters was only 15 years old. The chatty little prick (waldo) used to bring in the most people (mainly all underage rich kids from Jersey). Guiliani could not have that. He cracked down at the biggest clubs first. Once the rest of the nightlife saw what he did to the big guys, they all fell in line. Just be happy it's not 21.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Hey some clubs here in l.a. are 21+ for guys & 18+ girls...?

Some hipster electro clubs are starting to do 17+ (make sure to bring ur high school i.d.)

I avoid these clubs like the plague when they ask me to dj @ them.

Your not missing out, stick the 18+, then when ur 21 its a whole new world
    ya, once you're 21 u'll be glad it's 21+. although, the 21 for guys 18 for girls wouldnt be too bad, either...

I know at some of the parties here, it' s a free-for-all, and i feel like im at a Chuckie Cheese.

i must say this summer i mostly was enjoing illigal parties outside on montains, under old trainbridges, at lakes in old mines...and so on. i would say this is the real way to party. on most of those parties there were just people that don´t disturb the party. sometimes they´ve gone all over the weekend and the best is: no paying for entrance, no dumbass security, cheap drinks cause u have to bring em urself and hey whats better to see the sun rise with a nice mnmlsunrisesoundtrack on ur ears
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

21+ for guys and 18+ for girls is just asking for trouble. It's a terrible idea. I'm 25 and I wish there were more clubs for 18+ cause those kids are the ones that have the most fun. Once these people reach a certain age they seem to not, y'know, have fun anymore. At least in the underground clubs. In the mainstream clubs they seem to just really skeeve out women beyond imaginings. How anyone was taught that it was acceptable to treat women like that will always amaze me.

:-)

But, well, without the nightlife we're all just kinda boring.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Make friends with the promoter or an employee at the bar who will vouch for you.

You should have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I avoid these clubs like the plague when they ask me to dj @ them.
    What are you trying to avoid prison time or something?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast