New!! Vci-300mkii
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-300 Mk2 Announced

Vestax seem to be trying to catch up on the Itch controller race.

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/det...17&parent_id=8

Its actually a bit disappointing, only really a soundcard and resolution update. Still no FX on board. I don't get it.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    I don't get it.

Phil.
    +1

Often something new comes out from market leaders and I have a hard time understanding the logic behind it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah i saw a press release about this some time back and i figured it must have been wrong cus its seems pointless.

It is pointless. Whats next another VCI 100 with slightly redesigned shape.

Vestax do my fricking head in..!

Quote Originally Posted by vestax
    Vestax has considered every comment that has been received, and have (lol, fail) put them all in act. Simply to give DJs what they want.
    I guess not, then..

The MKII version should push the price down for the the MKI. Not really impressed. But it seems that Vestax doesnt care about the VCI-100. They always bash it when comapring it to the VCI-300. Now they have the VCI-300, VCI-300 MKII, Typhoon, Spin...which atleast to me, all fall under the VCI-300 umberlla. Yes I know the Spin & Typhoon cannot be used by ITCH, but they are watered down version of the VCI-300.

I say Chales!

Volume Boost (Gain Boost)

Higher output gain level and headphone volume level when supplying
    power with the optional power adaptor. (not included)

Optional Vestax Digital Fader (not included)

Audio fed to the MIC/AUX input can now be directly sent to the Master outputs with the THRU switch turned ON, minimizing latency of when fed through ITCH.

New adjust knobs for the JOG sensor control Ver.UP!

New JOG sensor adjust knobs for speedy and accurate adjustments.the VCI-300MKII's JOG wheels have excellent tracking ability,and flexibility for various play styles.You can control songs with analog precision

Mini Head-Phone Jack New!!

1/8 inch headphone connection along with standard 1/4 inch connection.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Default New!! Vci-300mkii

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

In 2008, the VCI-300+ITCH was the beginning for Vestax and Serato to create a new DJ console of the next generation.
    The goal was clear. To design a light weight and compact digital DJ instrument with the touch of analog control.
    Preserving the concept of the VCI-300+ITCH, the VCI-300MKII comes with usability improvements based on feedback from VCI-300 customers.
    Vestax has considered every comment that has been received, and have put them all in act. Simply to give DJs what they want

* HIGH RESOLUTION CONTROL
    The VCI-300MKII can control more than 90 parameters and functions of the included Serato software with high resolution MIDI signals sent via USB. The pulse resolution of the JOG wheel and pitch control fader is 4 times higher than the VCI-100 and provides precise control of each function. The pitch control fader also shares the same high quality fader parts of the input fader for advanced operability.

* SUPERB AUDIO CHARACTERISTIC
    The built-in audio interface carries a Audio Codec IC with superb audio characteristic, generated by a delta-sigma modulation 24 bit stereo D/A-A/D converter. Audio connection includes 1 stereo input, 1 MIC input and 2 stereo output (Master L/R, Monitor L/R).

* LEVEL INDICATION
    A 12 level LED L/R indicator is set in the center of the top panel to monitor sound levels.

* FILE CONTROL
    Audio files in the software library can be easily selected and controlled with the CRATES / FILES / BROWSE key and the cursor switch inherited from the VCM-100.

* EMERGENCY THRU SWITCH
    The Emergency Thru Switch located on the rear panel is a countermeasure where you can use the VCI-300MKII with the provided ITCH software or without the computer connected if you simply want to play music from your external CD or MP3 player. The ITCH software reads music from your iTunes library or the Serato library you use for Scratch LIVE, making it the perfect device for recreational or professional DJ's.

* ADJUSTABLE JOG WHEEL TORQUE
    The torque of each JOG wheel can be adjusted to prevent them from moving from low frequency feedback and altering the pitch when using the VCI-300 in such places like clubs.

* FADER CURVE CONTROL
    The fader curve of each fader can be adjusted to the preferred characteristics for long mixes, scratching and any other style.

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/det...17&parent_id=8

Already a thread on it here: *removed as it is now redundant with the merge*
    Lets keep it to just one thread.

Phil.
    Last edited by pilmat; 07-08-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: merged thread
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

merged threads...please use the search function or click on new post. thnx
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Absolutely useless to be honest, Not worth the money unless it has on board effects.
    You can get a 4 deck traktor set up for less than the price of one of these nearly

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    +1

Often something new comes out from market leaders and I have a hard time understanding the logic behind it.
    ipad...

*goose*

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast