Deadmau5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadmau5

Default Deadmau5

Hey guys, so i remember when i first heard of deadmau5 back in 07, and i thought he was pretty cool, then i got to see him at pemberton festival on cdj's in summer 08 and it was amazingly sick, but since then he has only proven to be one big goof to me, i mean since then i have heard him talking about how he got asked to do a remix for christina agulera and not doing it under his name but doing it under the BSOD name so he wouldnt loose fans, now im just getting sick of his stuff, everyone i know who doesnt listen to electro LOVES him, and all i can do is frown, ok guys i seen him here in whistler for the olympics, worst show ever, using ableton with all his tech stuff, and leaving songs on for 5 mins (WITH ABLETON WTF), he played ghosts and stuff with bits from harder better faster stronger for around 15 mins, wich was brutal, then his mixer blew, and he had a knew one in 10 seconds, after wich this point i was fed up and simply left as i was working for the olympics and had a free pass to see him anyway, so end of story, i just found this piece of material that supposedly comes from zoel zimmermans mouth, if anyone could confirm or shine some light that would be nice because i dont know how he can say this after using ableton for the simplest stuff and not even doing tech mixes

heres the quote "“It puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to dis-a-fucking-pear," Joel continued, "its so middle man, they’re like fucking lawyers. You need them, but they’re fucking c--ts. God bless them they’re my number one customer right so I’m not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Oh man, here we go again, another deadmau5 thread...

Tbh I like the occasional song of his, mostly his earlier work.
    That said he's a pretty rude, close-minded person towards DJs which is unwarranted, and there are a lot of people on this forum who seem to hate him right back.
    And yeah, I'm about 99% that interview clip is legit.
    [/thread]
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Guru

oh god, another thread... really?

ctrld

wow, you had to vent so hard you missed that other punctuation mark that ends sentences.

I'm not a fan of deadmau5 either, but - no offense - who gives a shit.

has merit, but this is so last year maybe even two years old now.

I actually just got back last night from his show in Kelowna.
    I rather enjoyed it.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    I'm not a fan of deadmau5 either, but - no offense - who gives a shit.
    +1
    my sentiments exactly

Tech Mentor

good music
    not so great person

Tech Mentor

Tbh all I really care about him is that he makes good music that I like a lot. I am not offended either that he thinks the idea of djing is stupid...I'm sure if I was doing what he was doing I might agree. Regardless, like ctrld mentioned, who gives a shit.

Although that statement is a bit hypocritical considering now he is on DJ Hero spinning with one turn table and some 2 channel mixer...lol regardless who cares.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    he is on DJ Hero spinning with one turn table and some 2 channel mixer...lol regardless who cares.
    Deadmau5 must start hating himself immediately!
    Also, 1 tt and a 2 channel mixer?! Have the designers of this game ever seen a DJ?
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Deadmau5 must start hating himself immediately!
    Also, 1 tt and a 2 channel mixer?! Have the designers of this game ever seen a DJ?
    Seems like they've updated the video last time I saw because now there are two turntables (there was a launchpad there to begin with as well).

Guess I exaggerated a bit there but regardless...still pretty rough.

For reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQoQQegxthk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast