iTunes 9.2 genre issues/ID3 Tag issues
    Tech Guru

Default iTunes 9.2 genre issues/ID3 Tag issues

Anyone here having problems with iTunes 9.2 changing genres. All the sudden I was playing a song in one of my smart playlists then files started disappearing because iTunes was renaming the genres. After some reading i'm not the only one and it appears the only solution is to change the ID3 tag version. Someone suggested changing from 2.4 to 2.3.

Does anyone have any experience doing this and if I do it will it mess up my cues, loops, and bpm information in Traktor?

That's what I've been doing and it does work. It hasn't messed with any of the traktor info.
    (it is however, a giant P.I.T.A.)

Tech Guru

Hey man I did some research this afternoon and I can see a possible conflict happening here. Going to ID3 2.3 does help but Traktor writes in 2.4 only, so it seems if you were to add any new cue points of info in Traktor it would re write it to 2.4 and you would be stuck with the same issue.

Tech Guru

Also I downgraded to iTunes 9.1.1 and it didn't happen for a while but now it's back, but the problem is inconsistent, it only does it to some songs.