Stripes and Transients

Default Stripes and Transients

Hi all,

Just reinstalled traktor scratch pro and am in process of restoring things.

I have copied my collection.nml file back into the new folder structure but have noticed i don't have any wave forms etc ...

Is there a way of restoring these or do i have to re-analyse all my tracks?

Cheers
    Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

if they're not there, i'd guess you'll need to reanalyze.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

There not, as its a fresh install. I do have them all in the old files still but is it as easy as just dropping them back into the new folder structure from the old?

I see they all seem to be in some form of sequential numbered folders but some of them already exist in the new install so thinking it prob wont work.

Anyone any experience of this?

Cheers
    Gav

ah! sorry, following you a bit better now (3rd coffee = awake).

i think if you drop those into the folder structure aswell it'll work, and should line up with the original .nml file.

you haven't really got anything to lose by trying as you still have the collection.nml backed up

edit;

when i set up my dual boot, and moved traktor across to the new partition, i just dragged/dropped all the info across and it worked fine. aslong as it's where traktor is looking (library root etc...) and is in the same structure as before (within the root folder you drop it in) it'll be fine.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I know if i drop the whole structure in it should work but it appears that when you install traktor now it seems to create a slightly different structure to my old version so wanted to try and keep everything in the new fashion. That why i want to try and just drop the transients folder and stripes folder in instead of the whole lot.

I'll give it a go later and see what happens.

My main worry was incase it did anything to tags on the mp3 tracks themselves.

I'll give it a go later but think i may just do a back up of all my mp3s first just incase.

Cheers
    Gav

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Just copy over these folders:
    Settings
    Stripes
    Transients
    Cover Art

Place them in the Native Instruments/Traktor folder and replace the new ones.

Then import the collection.nml and that should reinstate the analysis information.

If the tracks show as missing just 'relocate them'
    How many tracks have you got in there?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Place them in the Native Instruments/Traktor folder and replace the new ones.
    Karlos, what if you want to keep the existing transients/stripes as well and just add the new ones? Can you just merge the two folders together and then import?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by mydeejay View Post
    Karlos, what if you want to keep the existing transients/stripes as well and just add the new ones? Can you just merge the two folders together and then import?
    any answers?

I attempted to copy them now I have 2 folders for both transients and stripes

help plz

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You need to replace the old folders with the new, copied folders.

Backup any folders before deleting them in fact its better to rename the old folders before you paste the new folders so:

Transients becomes TransientsOLD. Then paste the new Transients folder. Traktor will use the new folder and ignore the OLD folder.
    If you are not happy with the results just delete the new Transients folder and rename the OLD one back to Transients.

Do the same for all folders.