The Numark Mixtrack. Where is it?
    Tech Wizard

Default The Numark Mixtrack. Where is it?

So I've been hunting around for the Numark mixtrack and there have been the odd person who say they have got they're hands on one but I've looked around a lot of websites and they are claiming that the first shipment of them will be towards the end of August.

Come on Numark, this was meant to be out at the beginned on July.
    Monthly Mixes are found at!
    http://www.soundcloud.com/RPresley

Tech Mentor

I saw it available at B&H as well as some other music places. havent seen one in a store yet

Everywhere in the UK says end of August delivery, not sure if that's global release though?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by decks.co.uk
    Place your order in the next 21 Hours 55 Minutes and 42 Seconds for delivery in 2 days (Friday 16 July 2010)
    hmmm....

it is this? right?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Student

Went to Guitar Center today - the guy was like "What? You mean the Mixmeister?" Me:"No, Mixtrack"...(guy proceeds to look it up on the web and check store's database) "Hmmm... Don't think we got that one... (checks with assistant manager)... No, sorry I guess we haven't gotten that one yet" So I go to look around and lo and behold there's one on the shelf in the far back corner! I went back and told him I had found it and wanted to see if he could open it so I could check it out - He was like "What?! Man, not even the assistant manager knew we had one! (calls assistant manager over and gets approval for opening the box)" So...

It wasn't hooked up to anything obviously, but I "felt" everything - jog wheels slip under my fingers - that was annoying but didn't know if that was just my fingers or not, and the all the sliders have too much resistance - had to give the volume sliders a pretty good push to move and while the crossfader wasn't as bad, it was still bad for a crossfader. Those were the only real problems I saw with it besides that it's all plastic but that's understandable for the price and consumer target. Btw, I'm new to the forum HI!

Tech Wizard

too much resistance?
    Usually the problem is the faders are too slack/loose!

Tech Student

Yeah, that's not the case here for sure. And the crossfader isn't smooth at all - feels like it's dragging on the front panel of the mixer or something - I don't know, maybe it was? - Might have been alright if it could have been lifted up a little maybe. Might have to go back for a second look. Still not liking how hard I had to push and pull on the levels though. Guess you gotta start somewhere when the cash is not there - might still be the best thing I've found overall for me - but seems like those would have been simple things to get right in the design and construction of these things.