Ameri - fucking - cano!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    It doesn't need to be requested! "Can you play americano... when's it gonna be on?.... will you play it next.... I thought it was coming on next... where's our tune we asked for?"
    ^^this^^
    Every Monday, same thing for me bro... feeling your pain.

Here have this:

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

250,0000 mg? That sure is a whole lot of chill!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychofrakulator View Post
    Stumbled across this nice remix today.

I've had this one for awhile

http://soundcloud.com/gogobizkitt/yo...-bizkitt-remix
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

It raises an interesting point this song that may have been mentioned before but 1st time I've had it.

I was out on Saturday as it was my mates birthday, sat in a fairly cheesy bar and they're playing alot of top 40 etc. Was talking to one of her girlfriends about the music she likes (i know, I'm a playa ) and she was saying she wasn't a fan of house music but really like top 40, r&b etc.

A couple of minutes later Americano came on and she sat up like a Meerkat and her and her mates all got up and started dancing to it like crazy so I turned around to her and said "I thought you didn't like house music?" and she was like "well I like this though, is this house music?". So I mentioned a couple more (Gramaphondzie, Beni Benassi etc) and she knew all of them and liked them!!!

Do alot more people like house than realise it and it's only the crossovers into top 40 like this that people get exposure to sometimes? Is this a gateway track for some? Do we need to give this more props than it deserves?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

This is funny. Never heard this song until I got on this thread, and less than 5 min after I finished reading all the comments, it actually played on the internet radio station that I listen to ( Tempomixradio.com, it's from Paris, I think) I agree with most of the comments, it's good the first couple of times then slowly losses it's ability to retain my interest, whatever, besides people don't realize what there listening to, there's so many good songs across the spectrum that it really does not matter the genre, good is good right?
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it..."
    Tools:MBP 13", NI Kontrol 1,Novation twitch, Tractor Pro 2, LPD8, KRK 5's & 10" sub, AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs, Logic Express 9 and a Cactus!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post

Do alot more people like house than realise it and it's only the crossovers into top 40 like this that people get exposure to sometimes? Is this a gateway track for some? Do we need to give this more props than it deserves?
    Straight up, a lot people have NO IDEA what they actually like.
    They dont know genres and dont care...

A lot people dont like to pigeon hole what they like, sometimes in fear of getting it wrong... Only takes one DJ to tell someone "thats not Garage its House" and they might never ask for a Genre again...

The worst people are Indie Kids...
    Kid "this isnt Indie, why are you playing it"
    DJ "its the Kings of Leon"
    Kid "yeah its pop music"

In the wider way the term Indie is used these days KOL are indie.
    Just cus it tops the charts doesnt mean something loses its inherent genre and becomes Pop.

Same goes for R&B (similar to what Fyoog said). I actually had this conversation for real:

Girl "will you play some R&B"
    DJ "yes which track"
    Girl "Akon"
    DJ "grrr yeah which one"
    Girl "sexy Bitch"
    DJ "you mean David Guetta, thats not R&B"
    Girl "of course it is just play it."

Your just wasting breath trying to argue about stuff like this with a lot of people.
    There was a time that i would have corrected anyone but now i just let it slide, cant be arsed with the hassle when someone says
    "will you play Mr Brightside by the Kings of Leon"

Meh.

When I was in the middle of my techno/techhouse set at the DJTT party last friday, some guy came up to me and requested this song. Professional or not, I allmost pee'd myself laughing. Even in Tresor people do this shit...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast