OT: iPad

Thread: OT: iPad

Default OT: iPad

Hey guys-

I am thinking of getting an iPad for my wife for her Bday so she leaves my macbook alone. Is it worth it? All she does is surf, email and other bullshit. Just wondered if anyone has one and what their thoughts were.

Thanks,
    JT
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think that's the target audience.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm kinda torn, I know there are things it does well, but also things that suck like no flash player...
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

ctrld

the touchOSC-style apps might make you fight over it. I'd suggest you get her a small macbook

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    the touchOSC-style apps might make you fight over it. I'd suggest you get her a small macbook
    yeah, but then I'd have to get a mb-pro and just give her the macbook!

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think that's the target audience.
    yep, unless you have an iphone, then buy a magnifying doodar

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

iPad is great, it sucks that it doesnt support flash, but I think it will pretty soon, maybe...Take her to the apple store, let her take it for a test run, also have her check her top 10 most visited site on the iPad to make sure its the right fit. Forgot...its for her b-day, just make an excuse that you need to get a keyboard protector for your macbook
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I have an iPad and I actually like it as a supplement to my computer. It's a lot of fun to use, and frequently I'll stream Netflix before going to bed or other times so I don't have to deal with the size of my MBP. Lack of flash can get annoying, but enough sites are converting to HTML 5 or don't have flash as a main component that you can get by without having it. Yeah it has it's drawbacks, but it's great at what it does. Honestly, it's a really cool experience holding the internet in your hand.

Maybe surprise her with it, then take her to the Apple store to try it out before she opens hers?