German "Superstar DJ" - live on TV - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Psychofrakulator View Post
    Is Mark Oh still a superstar DJ or is it 1996 again?
    I remember this one track that went:

Mark Oh hörst Du mich,
    ich bin's Droste -
    heute komm ich über Dich
    egal was es koste

damn that was bad.....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    I remember this one track that went:

Mark Oh hörst Du mich,
    ich bin's Droste -
    heute komm ich über Dich
    egal was es koste

Looks like Droste had the last laugh

I love the way as well when ever a DJ brings out a tune and a TV programme wheels them out for a performance they give the person a set of decks? Why? It's not like I have the synths on one deck and the beat on the other?
    They didn't make the tune like that. At least give him a key board or something?

You can just here the TV producer say "now we want you to go out and make it look like you're DJing" the DJ says "but that's not how it works, people will know that I wouldn't produce a track like this, I'll look like a wanker" producer just pats him on the shoulder and looks directly at him "you already do mate!" (the OP video in point, he looks like he just got up, put on a shirt, left his running trainers on and went out on national TV).
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Wizard

No one cares about Mark Oh over here in germany. He was huge in the 90s maybe... The show "Fernsehgarten" is mainly produced for an audience over 50 or older. My grandmother watches it. So they tried to connect with a younger audience with "superstar" MarkOh.

Tech Wizard

This makes me sad :-(

the whole playback dj performance thing has always been a mystery to me...they're only playing one track, where's the mixing? I mean if they were scratching it would be a different story but there is usually none to be found.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Quote Originally Posted by ANok? View Post
    the whole playback dj performance thing has always been a mystery to me...they're only playing one track, where's the mixing? I mean if they were scratching it would be a different story but there is usually none to be found.
    he is scratching.. but we can't hear it.. :eek:
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I just want to know where he got that Bitchin' wireless DJ Rig. Not one cable coming from that thing.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Mark Oh is my hated DJ #1 as he's the spawn of all commercial DJ shit. I wrote a dozen long posts about him on my old blog (which was just walls of text Web 1.0).

Problem for him is, that even if he actually had the abilities to modify his track live he wouldn't want to as people* want to buy exactly that track they heard in the Fernsehgarten.

* I have no clue who these are
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast