Presonus FireStudio Mobile With Dj'ing
    Tech Convert

Default Presonus FireStudio Mobile With Dj'ing

So I have the Firestudio mobile+ Numark Stealth+ Akai Miniak Synth.. I'm doing a show soon and need to find out if I can hook up my interface (firestudio) (to all my gear) into the PA system and be able to perform. Do I need a different type of interface? Or am I ok? I'm almost completely positive that I can hook up the Firestudio and perform, I just wanna be 100% positive. Thanks to all who reply

Tech Mentor

are you using traktor to control your numark and synth? is the synth a standalone unit?

Tech Convert

Yes, I'm using traktor, and the synth is a stand alone unit

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I have the Firestudio Mobile... what do you need to know?

What are your current connections ?

You need to use the software mixer with the Presonus.

Are you mixing internally with the Stealth?

I dont know anything about the Synth but i know a little about Traktor ;-)

Tech Mentor

As long as the PA system takes 1/4" ins, you should be okay hooking your soundcard right up.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I have the Firestudio Mobile... what do you need to know?

What are your current connections ?

You need to use the software mixer with the Presonus.

Are you mixing internally with the Stealth?

I dont know anything about the Synth but i know a little about Traktor ;-)
    Stealth into laptop through USB, laptop+firewire cable into Interface, interface into PA (1/4" instrument cables)

As far as i know, when it's all hooked up, I just go into Traktors settings and click on "Presonus" as the output

Stealth has no internal, which is why I have to hook it up by usb to the laptop. (I don't think I should have any problems with quality since it hooks up through firewire right?) <--(the interface)

And thank you to all for the helpful reply's everyone. It's much appreciated

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    As long as the PA system takes 1/4" ins, you should be okay hooking your soundcard right up.
    I believe pretty much every PA system has 1/4" hookups.. Unless it's a really crappy PA, then I wouldn't use it anyway :P ...

I just wanna be able to use my firestudio mobile (all it has are 1/4" hookups)
    I don't have to use an interface with the red and yellow hookups right? (whatever those are called :I )

Quote Originally Posted by Kubby View Post
    Stealth has no internal, which is why I have to hook it up by usb to the laptop. (I don't think I should have any problems with quality since it hooks up through firewire right?) <--(the interface)
    Not sure what the above means but yeah essentially your right.

Your controlling Traktor in Internal Mixing mode? Right.

Start the Universal Control application. For the FSM Mixer.

You need to go into Traktor Preferences > Output Routing and select the correct outputs for Master. Are you using the headphone out on the FireStudio? You need to set that up as well.

Dont have my FSM with me so i cant check the outs on the software mixer cus it wont start unless the FSM is connected (not like the FireBox) but i will do later if you wish.
    Its pretty much 1 & 2 Master - 7 & 8 monitor i think.

No you wont need to use Phono leads (red/yellow) but its handy to have a lead that is 1/4 jack on one end and phono on the other just in case you have to connect to a mixer that only has phono. It happens.
    Like this:

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Not sure what the above means but yeah essentially your right.

Your controlling Traktor in Internal Mixing mode? Right.

Start the Universal Control application. For the FSM Mixer.

You need to go into Traktor Preferences > Output Routing and select the correct outputs for Master. Are you using the headphone out on the FireStudio? You need to set that up as well.

Dont have my FSM with me so i cant check the outs on the software mixer cus it wont start unless the FSM is connected (not like the FireBox) but i will do later if you wish.
    Its pretty much 1 & 2 Master - 7 & 8 monitor i think.

No you wont need to use Phono leads (red/yellow) but its handy to have a lead that is 1/4 jack on one end and phono on the other just in case you have to connect to a mixer that only has phono. It happens.
    Like this:
    Thank you Karlos! Very helpful info here I appreciate it.. I'll be contacting you again if I need any further info.

Any time man. Glad to help.

ill check that Software mixer when i get chance cus ive a feeling its wrong as the Firestudio M and the Firebox (i have both) have totally different sofware mixers.

You will be fine.