Midi-Fighter LED Help - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

I think I might have figured out the behavior I was seeing.
    It seems if I am in normal mode, hit record to record the sample, then shift record takes me straight to the sample juggle mode with all bottom lights lit.
    If however I am in the cuepoint juggle mode, hit record to record a sample while I juggle cuepoints, then I have to hit shift-record twice to get to the sample juggle mode. The first time I hit shift record this way, all the bottom lights go out. The second time they come on proper.
    I'm guessing that this is just due to the programming of the Deckalized map.

I also have several times now while in cuepoint juggle mode (4 of 8 lights in bottom two rows) managed to hit combinations that turned off both lights in row 3 while keeping both lights in row 4 on. It has not seemed to affect functionality though either.

So I'm guessing that what I am seeing so far are just artifacts of the midi programming in the Deckalized mapping. I'm wondering if this is is related to
    what I saw in another thread about development of a new mapping that was more aware of different states before toggling LEDs.

So given these and the description of the startup flashes for the latest firmware, I've decided there appears to be no compelling need to reflash it.

Oh, and I have also discovered that the MidiFighter paired with the VCI-100 is just sweet

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey guys Im just trying to sort out what numbers have the older code and Ill let ya all know asap

Cheers,

Mike

Tech Guru

Mine arrived today. Same problem with LED. Number 79 for me. Hope flasing isn't too complex.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    Mine arrived today. Same problem with LED. Number 79 for me. Hope flasing isn't too complex.
    Just follow the instructions on the thread. You should still be able to put the midi fighter into boot mode by holding the 4 corners. Take your time and try to understand each step.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Guru

Hi Joel,
    thank you but sorted it suprisingly quickly yesterday following the instructions from the thread. Very helpful and totaly in love with my MF. Only snag is i now realise the potential and benefit of two. Next gig's money will be very quickly invested.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Convert

Default LED help for Ableton?

Hey everyone, checking out this thread but it looks like it's specific to the deckalized mapping?

I'm using a midifighter Spectra with Ableton for various functions and would really like to get LED feedback, don't mind doing a little programming.

Any advice/links?

cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123