2 copies of TSP & 4 Decks for 2 people - how?

Default 2 copies of TSP & 4 Decks for 2 people - how?

Wotcha

Been bouncing some ideas around since my mate and I both got copies of TSP

I'm currently runnning my VCI for two decks and the TC vinyl for the other two, but we've been considering some 4 deck silliness <faux hollywood voice> using our powers combined! </faux hollywood voice>

Was wondering the best way of doing this.

Synchronising MIDI clocks would be nice, but both of us can beatmatch properly so it's not 100% needed.

The simplest way I can think of is to run both of our master outs into come sort of combiner box and then onto an amp, then just be rigorous about using the line faders when cueing samples and tracks ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Wotcha!

LOLOLOL

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

I -think- you can achieve that with M-Audio profire 610...
    It has two firewire plugs and two headphone outs, I mean, it MUST be created to do something like what are you saying...
    The problem is that it has only one line input, I don't know how would you connect your TTs to that setup...

Shouldn't need another soundcard surely?

Was thinking more of a D/I box or somesuch
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    The simplest way I can think of is to run both of our master outs into come sort of combiner box and then onto an amp, then just be rigorous about using the line faders when cueing samples and tracks ...
    Just your masters to separate channels on another mixer. Doesn't have to be a workhorse mixer, since you're just using it to mix to signals.

Something like this should do...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHMX400

Edit: I'm not sure if this one is stereo or mono, but i think it on the right track.

This one is stereo for sure
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHXENTX502
    Last edited by Str8upDrew; 07-16-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Tech Guru

But you can't auto-sync with a master clock this way, i think that would be high desireable to auto-sync 4 decks per DJ right?

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    But you can't auto-sync with a master clock this way, i think that would be high desireable to auto-sync 4 decks per DJ right?
    Would be nice ... but if it gets silly expensive I'm probably not that arsed ...

Tech Guru

so try to understand the midi clock feature of some audio interfaces a bit more before choose your path
    I don't understand, so I can't help you with that, you will have to learn by yourself young padawan

Just send the midi clock from one pc to the other over LAN, using software like this one...
    http://www.musiclab.com/products/rpl_info.htm

I'm sure that there are more options, and i'm pretty sure i found a free midi over lan app a while back.