Laptop powers up but wont start !!?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by metaverse View Post
    Wouldn't you feel some type of shock though?

I didn't feel anything ... Stupid me I had the fucking wrist strap sitting next to me and said "i've done this plenty of times with no wrist strap , i'll be fine..."

I feel like a fucking moron right now ...

Someone had suggested Resetting the CMOS for the BIOS in order to get my RAM working again , think it might work ????
    I don't know for sure, it was just another idea to help bro

I don't know if resetting the cmos battery will actually do anything to help with the ram.

what do computer places charge where you're at to look at it? $50? might be worth it...

Right ... thats the next step assuming monday i haven't got it running ...

The best place around me will run diagnostics for 60 on a laptop , 30 on a desktop ...

I think there is a possibility the CMOS will work , but at the same time I'm feeling like its a really slim one ...

Oh well ... lesson learned ... its easiest to remember a good lesson when you get stung hard.
    All we ever have is now ...

Tech Mentor

metaverse, with this out of the way, you can at least now you can really think of getting that newer laptop you were asking suggestions for now

Tech Mentor

I know I should post this at all since its irrelevant but you guys new help with mac hardware and troubleshooting it, send me a pm.
    Thank Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loay View Post
    metaverse, with this out of the way, you can at least now you can really think of getting that newer laptop you were asking suggestions for now
    Haha , you're right ...

We'll see what happens ... I ended up trying to run it solo with the Original ram in the other Ram socket ... no dice ...

I'm pretty sure I cooked something because the only thing thats making sense is that the motherboard or cpu shit the bed.

I'll keep you guys informed.
    All we ever have is now ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123