Making ableton more transport friendly! ^ ^
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Making ableton more transport friendly! ^ ^

with Just two VST plugins, Free VST plugins sir!
    Just found out about these and i honestly luvvvv them!
    there called Superlooper and Beatlookup, and with them you can loop live, beatmash, Stutter, Do beat repeating and scratch simulation, add cue points, and lotso otha stuffs! All in ableton! yup yup
    ^ ^ look them up and try them fosho its tiight as fuck!

Beatlookup as in Clists beatlookup for Reaktor ? Thats a pretty badarse unit i have to agree. Your the second person to mention superlooper on thes forums in the last couple weeks, ill take a look at it, got a link for it?

Bento:

I was reading your tutorial on how to Smart Mix with Ableton & Traktor.
    Quick question... Does this apply as well for Traktor Pro?

I would like to give it a try.. and see if I can use slots under Ableton for sampes... and check if they are in-sync with Traktor decks. I plan on using Korg's NanoPad for this...

Any links for Superlooper and Beatlookup? I can't find info on them... Beatlookup = Reaktor vst?
    Last edited by Julio; 11-13-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Bento:

I was reading your tutorial on how to Smart Mix with Ableton & Traktor.
    Quick question... Does this apply as well for Traktor Pro?

I would like to give it a try.. and see if I can use slots under Ableton for sampes... and check if they are in-sync with Traktor decks. I plan on using Korg's NanoPad for this...
    Im going to rewrite an article for Traktor Pro that utilises JackDMP also, im sick of waiting for another version of JackDMP to come out so i am just gonna go ahead with it( i have been waiting because its currently not the most user friendly program out). Sure i will confuse the hell out of some people, its going to confuse the hell out of some people but oh well

But yeah, that tutorial will work for Traktor Pro aswell

Clists beatlookup is awesome fun ontop of cue juggling !

OK, I will wait until your new re-write for Traktor Pro. In the meantime will try to find Superlooper and Betlookup.

Any suggestions (if any) for what I plan to do? Or just by using Ableton stand-alone I should be able to achieve my goal?
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Clists Beatlookup is for Reaktor yeah, but he could be talking about another VST... i dunno.

You can use Ableton as a stand alone to acheive your goal but... i dont think you can have the same soundcard running in two programs at once so using audio routing would be the go.

@lil one...

are you refering to the super looper made by tarekith? @ bentosan If it is you can download it at http://www.abletonlivedj.com look under the main menu directory click on the live files, there you will find tarekiths effects rack plus others that ppl have contributed. I find abletonlivedj is a lot like djtt very resourceful and helpful members. happy reading....

cheers
    chubbz

Well.. at least by mistake I found last week that I had two different programs loaded, and they were both set to use the Audio8, and they were playing tracks...

I will double check anyways with Ableton and Traktor, since I have them both installed.
    If not... audio routing will be the way to go, so I can use the master clock for syncing the samples from Traktor's decks.

dude super looper is the shit i had to learn not to use it all the time. you should really check it out bento
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

I see the super looper is under the Ableton Live 6 FX.... will this work with Ableton 7?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast