Awaiting my midi-fighter.. how to prepare?

Default Awaiting my midi-fighter.. how to prepare?

Sup everyone,

I ordered my Midi-Fighter over a week ago and couldnt be more excited.
    I plan to use this via Ableton, Battery, etc. May even invest in Traktor Pro as well.

I wanted to ask how the preparations are when handling the Midi-Fighter?

Is it as easy as plug in and play? Do I need to update firmware? Is there an app that comes with this controller? What else in addition do I need to before plugging it in besides unwrapping the unit?

Thanks for any assistance!

Calm down, calm down lol..

Alright, your questions;

Quote Originally Posted by jord4n View Post
    I wanted to ask how the preparations are when handling the Midi-Fighter?

Is it as easy as plug in and play? Do I need to update firmware? Is there an app that comes with this controller? What else in addition do I need to before plugging it in besides unwrapping the unit?
    A) Preperations how to handle the MF, you might need to paint a room for that baby, preferably pink, although that might conflict with your green buttons (or..?). lol. Sorry, never seen someone so enthusiastic about his controller before

These are the things you definately should do in my opinion:
    1) Check out the awesome mapping for Traktor Pro (if you use it)!
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10137
    (memorize the explaination sheet already )
    2) Check out how the menu modes work
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9961
    (very easy, but you need option 'change led press' as you want leds to light up via Traktor, not just on pressing the button. 2 clicks or so and it's changed, so read that topic)
    3) Probably not needed, but you can update your firmware, although I've no idea whether this is needed
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11511

So to continue with your other questions
    B) Yes, it's plug and play, windows will recognize it and know it's a midi controller!

C) An app? No you don't get software with the MF, why should you need some?

D) Just unwrap the package, build your controller LEGO-style, and then plugin the usb cable to your PC and of you go!

Now make waiting even harder by watching these great vid's
    [ame]http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&client=firefox-a&hs=TIZ&rls=org.mozilla%3Anl%3Aofficial&tbs=vid%3 A1&q=midi+fighter+youtube&btnG=Zoeken&aq=f&aqi=&aq l=&oq=&gs_rfai=[/ame]

ENJOY

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You might want to prep some songs with cue points so you can commence with the juggle madness as soon as it's built.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Timmio View Post
    Calm down, calm down lol..
    lmao!
    thanks for responding.
    i'm actually using a Mac and the unit is coming assembled.
    i posted these questions bc i saw a lot of stickys in this section and suddenly wondered if there was anything i needed to do prior to plugging it in. i dont understand a lot of midi.. but like the fact i can just plug n play.

your answer was reassuring tho. and ive already peeped those videos while waiting PATIENTLY! =)

To make your waiting time even worse; I've played again yesterday with it and it's really amazing! Very cool and responsive buttons. Using it in Traktor with an ultra-fine tuned grid it is even awesome with sync on. A great big-boys toy!