i have a little problem
    Tech Wizard

Default i have a little problem

hello fourms!! ean is the man and has influenced me to purchse the vestax and i have used this site for various tools and information... so THANKS!!

i have a vestax vci 100... i am tentatively planning on doing the black and led mod, but right now i got a few buttons that are very stickey from a cola spill. Also she (the controller) fell and one of the jog wheels got real tight... so i am going to try the DIY mod on djtechtools.com and see if that helps, but was wondering if you all had any suggestions to clearing up the stickyness before i go aBOUT taking apart this beast.

sorry to post my first post of a PLEASE HELP ME... but i have exhausted other reasources and found nothing besides using a silicon based lubricant.

thanks soo much

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Welcome,
    I would try using loads of Isopropyl Alcohol and a fine brush to wash the coke residue away. That should sort it out.

There has been an article on the blog for fixing a vci jog wheel, check it out here - http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/01/0...-on-a-vci-100/

Tech Wizard

yeah i have seen the article and already have it printed out... i was wondering if you all maybe had any ideas onto which fixing the incoders for say the tempo sliders or the volume adjusters... mine seem to be a little jumpy!

Tech Mentor

step 1: dont spill stuff on it
    step 2: dont drop it..
    haha. yea, some alcohol will clean that up just fine. just remember to protect that gear as well as you can. i bought a laptop case that i carry my gear in. 20 bucks at walmart.