New At This
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New At This

Default New At This

I have been interested in becoming a DJ, cause I have seen a few people that are doing it, and it has peaked my interests in it. I just have no clue on how, or where to begin. If I could just get a little advice on that I think I could be successful at this. If you want, you can email me at daknobie@gmail.com. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. We've got a great community here full of great people that will be willing to help you out along the way.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Welcome. If your just starting out the Vestax Spin (mac) Typhoon (PC) are some good controllers to look at. They'll come with the sound interface built in so you don't have to buy anything else.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Lol lemme just tell you, get ready to be doing an utter crap ton of reading and studying for at least a month just to get the basics.

Btw I would recommend you get the book "DJing for Dummies"...I am serious. I bought it myself and it covers almost everything there is about DJing, really good book.

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    Lol lemme just tell you, get ready to be doing an utter crap ton of reading and studying for at least a month just to get the basics.

Btw I would recommend you get the book "DJing for Dummies"...I am serious. I bought it myself and it covers almost everything there is about DJing, really good book.
    Or 'How to DJ Properly' - it's vinyl centric, but the principles are sound
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Or 'How to DJ Properly' - it's vinyl centric, but the principles are sound
    Welcome.

I agree, take your time a read as much as you can, ask all the question you may have. Go through all the threads here, from the general stuff to the controller stuff.

As for books there is also :

'Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" and 'How to DJ right " by Frank Broughton and Bill Brewster.

There is also : 'The Scratch DJ Academy Guide' by Phil White & Luke Crisell with Rob Principe.

It's all good stuff.

Good luck.

And may the sound be with you.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it..."
    Tools:MBP 13", NI Kontrol 1,Novation twitch, Tractor Pro 2, LPD8, KRK 5's & 10" sub, AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs, Logic Express 9 and a Cactus!

Thank you everyone that posted on here to help me out. I found this web-cite using stumbleupon.com and thought that it was one of the first useful cites that had come up. I hope that it works out, even if its just small scale.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrazydude View Post
    Thank you everyone that posted on here to help me out. I found this web-cite using stumbleupon.com and thought that it was one of the first useful cites that had come up. I hope that it works out, even if its just small scale.
    No idea what that last sentence meant but

*sites

I added this site to stumbleupon
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast