the wish thread

Thread: the wish thread

Tech Mentor

Default the wish thread (almost cried while typing this)

admire = The Martinez brothers --because these two are the youngest DJ's i know of that travel and get a decent amount of gigs around the world just near as someone on the level of like paco osama, marco carola?, riva starr?, 2000 and one, ATFC etc you know what i mean. point being that one of these DJ's is 17years old at top notch club and the other being 21yr so its really amazing and the fact that i'm 24yr and im just learning ableton and next year hit the dj equipment while they are younger and doing already what i want to do, which will do in like 10yrs?....i feel delayed and its probably because im delayed at graduating from college w/ a bachelors degree. i'm just about to finish my AS soon then transfer to go for my bachelors(major is business admin. just incase ur wondering). i feel like crying sometime i'm delayed in school and then i also want to progress fast in the DJing scene + ableton etc everything. i'm putting in money into ableton tutorials which so far have been very helpful (more than any youtube vid IMO) but i'm a hard worker and music is my answer. and I want to make it to all the gigs around the world. i want people to hear my sets (even tho i dont have any sets or any dj equip to make one(dont care about this, since i know what to do with dj equip/ beatmatch n transition all i will care for) but i have my favorite collection of tech house music that i want people to dance their ass off, i have things in my head like sick tech house styles that not a lot of dj spin, styles of how i want my tracks to sound, i have knowledge in my head that i believe will make me unique. and damn these guys are already doing it and they are younger than me. And i mean just damn. i'm 24 YEARS OLD and it will probably take me 4-12 years just to get on 1-2 decent labels that will find me gigs. 4-12 years to make it. I will quickly advance in spinning because after spending hours of watching videos of top djs spin, i know a few transitioning styles. so much that i dont even have dj equipment and i know what to do with it crazy stuff. but even if im pro @ spinning, i wont go far if i don't produce which is why i made that an important element of my life. i don't have an ego but i want to do it all, travel, spin, have fun partying, playing, everyone having fun and lookin at me etc etc, dont we all. and you know i just admire the fact that they're doing what they're doing. and im not crying but im 50% tearing as i'm writing this thread because what they have accomplished at such young age is something that now takes 6-12yrs to accomplish in this year of 2010. where the possibilities have degree regardless how much better you are at spinning/producing than whoever. you will understand me more if you read my biography on the link below.

my biography = http://www.myspace.com/arturom24

MY WISH
    again i'm like about to cry writing this, well not crying but tearing like watery eyes as im typing this. i mean I WISH i can go back in time I WISH i started using Ableton from the first edition when it first came out.
    I WISH that at the same time of learning ableton live 1.0, i would also be learning how to use a mixer + turn tables or cdjs. I WISH that by age 24-2010 i would know ableton live 8 inside/out like if it was a bestfriend or girlfriend because i started using it from the first edition. I WISH i started practicing how to beatmatch & transition from young age. I WISH by 2010 - age 24 i would be a master of beatmatching & transitioning because i practiced through my pre- & teen years. I WISH that i can turn back time, i always think about it but i'm a person who follows reality and i don't believe in luck and reality says that i'm only 24yrs and what i believe will happen for the rest of the 2010 year is that i will own a lot of professional ableton tutorials that i will end up paying for and will watch/go through them to learn those tutorials inside out(after all i paid for them). Also will attend the free ableton workshops coming up in NYC. reality says that sometime in 2011 i should probably own my $4,000 dj setup which will the same setup most dj's have at festivals/clubs/gigs etc xone92+sl1200's and traktor. im a patient man.

note: i'm not high, if i was high, i would probably be crying right now. if you see my face, you would prob feel sorry for me. not that i wud want you to. its just i feel bad/shamed because i'm delayed with finishing college so i feel like i'm delayed with knowing everything about producing, spinning and being on good/top labels which takes years....i feel like sad that i have to wait mayb 10 years just to get on a good label + get lotta gigs. and some younger djs than me are already doing that. i just feel bad but i admire them. they are from the bronx here in new york. and i think they're from my country but not sure.
    Last edited by cutflow; 07-21-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Tech Mentor

I wish I could read really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post

note: i'm not high, .
    Dude, I think you need to be!!! You won't be this worried if you were

From the sounds of it you know what you want so go for it, don't try to plan too much either. I'm sure that those lads you were talking about did say to themselves "in 2-4 years we can do this, then in 4-6 we can do this".

The key thing is the music, find your style and how you want to work with it and HAVE FUN. It won't work if you don't!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Guru

i wonder what the martinez brothers (should i know who the martinez brothers are?) will be doing in 10-15 years after nobody is interested in them anymore and they've blown all their cash on hookers and blow... probably wishing they had gone to school for something practical like a business admin degree when they were young.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda. Don't put any energy in that man. You can spend a lifetime thinking what if? but to what end? Instead put that energy and brain power into putting one foot in front of the other towards the goal/direction that's in your soul. Also, try to love the journey, not the destination.

Good luck in all you aspire to.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Yeah, forget what-if. It doesn't serve you. I'm late too! It took me 6 years and a two year break to finish my first bachelors. BUT I'm actually back in school now pursuing a Masters, and I have a solid day job, good $$, and I dj out AND I'm f-in old, lol! It doesn't matter, time is relative. You've got to enjoy it no matter where you're at. Rushing the soaking up of knowledge doesn't always work, and it's always a bad idea to bypass the hard work and paying of dues that will make you a better, more refined artist.

Two years ago I didn't know jack about Ableton. Now I can rock it. Just because of endless unglamorous experimenting, reading, trial and error.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Get a grip and stop crying

Mate you're only 24 for fck's sake

You're at uni/college whatever its called over there right?
    So you got hundreds of people to start playing to - throw a party with some buddies - thats how most people start

You sure you're not high?
    SC | MC

Wow dude. Really? I'm 33.

Tech Guru

I wish mainstream djs didnt play shitty music, and didnt get gigs just because they made good mainstream tracks.....yet still not dj well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pk62jheX4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZnxT58aXkc

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I wish the VCI-100SE Arcade Edition had 8 arcade buttons per deck and a joystick instead of a crossfader. Words can't describe how complete my life would be if that existed.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D