Nee help, to choose a midi interface

Default Nee help, to choose a midi interface

Hello

In my country new user often do a self-introduction of themself. Here is mine.

I´m Oskar from Spain, sorry if my language have any gramatical error, I´m still learning english.
    I´m 32 years, and al bunch of vinyls. Now I havent any dj set, because i don´t have space for two technics. Is for this reason that i want to buy a midi controller for 2 channels.

My computer specs:
    i7 920 , 6 gb DDR3
    640gb Hdd, and a x-fi xtreme audio sound card

laptop

dual core (i don´t remember the speed)
    4 gb of ddr2, 320 gb.
    integrated sound card

I have seen the vestax options (Vci -100 and the thypoon) but i think that the 100 is a little expensive for my home purposes. The thypoon looks great, but in this range of price (around 225 euros) maybe there are another choices
    I need to buy with good value for money, but I need help.

I have seen the omni control, is wort looking that the vestax, but it has a good integrated sound card, this is interesantig, so I can use it in my laptop too.

Please if you know another choices to recommend me I will apreciate.

Thanks!

Personally, I have never been a fan of Numark products so I wouldn't recommend the Omni Control. There are quite a few people on this forum that use their DJ products and love them, so they might be able to sell you on it.

In my experience, Vestax seems to make the "best" quality DJ MIDI controllers. They might be a little more expensive, but they're worth it. The VCI-100 would require a more advanced set up since it has no built-in sound card, unless you're OK with using your computer's sound card.

If you're on a budget, I would go with the Typhoon. It has a built in sound card as well, so it'd be a good all-in-one solution for you.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

A lot of folks here are going to be partial to the VCI100, but I've seen a lot of the cheaper controllers like the Hercules be suggested to users such as yourself. I don't own one so I can't really speak to it.
    A little bit of gold and a pager.

i would get something that would be the best in the long run.
    i always tell people who start off getting into production and/or djing to not necessarily splurge.. but to get a unit that will last long enough to where you wont need to cosntantly get something bigger and/or better.

my first setup was technics1200s and a vestax mixer. sure i could went with a cheaper gemini setup, but i wanted something that i could be a beginner and learn on.. evolve into a much more intermediate dj (yes i'm humble), and still be able to use and execute on the same equipment.

sure the vci100 may be expensive, but i gurantee you it will last you longer than you think and you will get a lot more out of it than you would the typhoon.

now if youre wanting to get something on the lines of a regular controller, it depends on what you want to do. if you want to play samples as well as notes, i would get something on the lines of a keyboard so its easier for you to know what notes you are playing. now if you just want to bang out samples and drums, you could go with any type of trigger finger-like midi controller.

Tech Wizard

I would LOVE a sexy Vestax however i'm a student on a budget and so I opted for the Numark Stealth Control. It's a nice little controller which has served me well and is very well built (the weight tells you that much!).

You can buy a model above it which has inbuilt sound, but the Stealth Control means you can keep the soundcard you already have (and then move on to something bigger, if you choose to). It costs around £200 and comes pre-mapped for Traktor, but also works well in Virtual DJ, etc.

Thanks for your replies!
    All of them are very interesting to me.

This afternoon , when I was surfing on vestax site, I have read that the vci 100, and thypoon models doesnt support intel i series proccesors. It´s very strange. Anyone has tested any of those vestax with i series CPU´S ?

Thanks.

Hi again!

I´m afraid that i can´t buy a vestax because the incompability of my cpu.

Now the question is:

Numark, Berhinger, hercules.....
    If anyone can recommend any other brand, i will apreciate it.

Thanks!!!

Tech Wizard

I can't comment on Behringer or Hercules because i've never owned one, but like I said, my Numark Controller is brilliant - and I bought it because my friend (who's senior tech manager of quite a big club) advised me that Numark make really good mixers, etc.

Thanks for your reply!
    I´m trying to contact in a local sell-buy page, to buy used omni control.

Another cheap choice is the djtech imix reload
    http://www.djtechpro.com/product_det...246&sub_id=105

Here in spain, I can buy it around 165€, I think that is a bargain.

Anyone has used the imix reload?

Regards.

Tech Wizard

I've never heard of it but it looks ok? lol