Missing tracks... happening too often. Also no sync. WTF?
    Tech Guru

Default Missing tracks... happening too often. Also no sync. WTF?

I keep clicking on a track in Traktor and getting the 'missing file' warning flash up & I gotta do the whole relocate thing. Happening far too often. Anyone know why?

I'm also getting a few gridded and locked tracks that I load in the decks & for some reason you can't sync them. You can hit the sync button & get a momentary sync but sometimes they jump out of time & shit. But yeah, why are a few tracks not allowing me to sync (in internal mode) that are properly gridded & locked?

Thanks

Tech Guru

Is it possible that vibrations or other controls briefly engage the pitch bend? If so, the track will lose sync. Happens to me all the time if I don't use foam or something under a VCI-100.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

The missing track is probably because you're using an external disk on PC & it doesn't get assigned the same drive letter?

OR.. are you editing track info in Itunes? if you rename a track or album, etc. Itunes changes the name of the file & traktor can't find it anymore.

Does this help?
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you used iTunes it changes paths/characters with every update so Run Consistency Checker and find missing tracks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    If you used iTunes it changes paths/characters with every update so Run Consistency Checker and find missing tracks.
    When you update iTunes or Traktor? If I update Traktor am I going to have to go back through and locate every single one of my tracks? I didn't do that when I went from LE to Pro.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x