DJ Videos/Animations/Screensavers for TVs!!
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ Videos/Animations/Screensavers for TVs!!

Hi everyone,

This is something i've searched for on google (but been returned with loads of crappy screensavers for sale), but when you DJ in bars or clubs etc what do you put on the screens? (NOT when you're VJing, obviously)

The reason I ask, is because i've got a few gigs lined up, but all i've used in the past is home-made Flash animations of my name, with flashy colours and stuff. They don't exactly look amazing, but they get the job done. What stumps me though, is where some other DJs get really nice looking videos on the screens of their name with all vortexes and stuff (even though they suck when it actually comes to DJing!! lol).

At my Students' Union, we use the Numark NuVJ and it makes some pretty nice effects, but i'm really looking for something nice and cheap which will create something that will look nearly as good, flash, change colours, whatever.

So come on guys What do you use? Know of any cheap/free animated name software?

Tech Guru

Resolume is great for that. i created a visualization for a party i threw, it was basically a 15 minute video loop with the name of the event and it cycled through various subtle but appealing video mixing/manipulation.

it came in really handy when we came into some technical difficulties with our VJ's gear and had to kaibosh the live VJ element of the show we had planned.

Tech Wizard

Hmm, Resolume looks nice, but from what I can gather, it's VJing software?

The bars I work for are basically hooked up to their computer - so it's fine to plug in a USB with a personalised video on it, but not when you start installing loads of crap on it :P I think the reason i'm finding it so hard to find anything is because, like I said, i'm not looking for VJ software - I don't need to sync it with the music - I just want to make my name look cool so people can facebook me and whatever

So does anyone know any cool apps to pre-record your on-screen material and then just open it later?