F#$%cking iTunes!!!! (well...maybe)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default F#$%cking iTunes!!!! (well...maybe)

so for a while now my iTunes has not been importing all the files that i download into its library. For example out of my total 71 beatport tracks it only imports 17.

Now originally i had thought this was a problem with my computer because its a PC. Alas it is not just my computer, i copied em over to an external HD and gave it to a friend and he said that he ran into the same problem and he is using a Macbook.

I checked the properties of the files and from what I am able to find everything is the exact same.

plain and simple, wtf do I do? This is irritating as balls

Check the id3 tag version of the tunes you cant import, sometimes itunes won't "see" them unless the version is 2.3 or 2.4. Just an idea mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you just dragging the songs into iTunes from the folder they were downloaded to?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I hate i tunes!

sorry not very constrructive

It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Check the id3 tag version of the tunes you cant import, sometimes itunes won't "see" them unless the version is 2.3 or 2.4. Just an idea mate.
    okay. i KNOW what id3 tags are but how does one check the version? srry this stuff is a "grey" area for me

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Are you just dragging the songs into iTunes from the folder they were downloaded to?
    i rename em to Artist - Song title (remix) redo the id3 tags and put them in my music folder. Generally I click and drag out of pure lazyness, but I've tried "importing" by actually going through the menu and no luck

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    I hate i tunes!

sorry not very constrructive

tis fine. i feel your hate.

I used winamp 100% of the time but iTunes integration into traktor is quite helpful.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you get any error messages or they just don't show up? Can you play them in Traktor? About the only thing I can suggest is to go through your iTunes preferences and check to see that everything there is good.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

No errors. Plain and simple they don't show up. They show up in Traktor fine and play fine too.

i have this issue too with some songs. They are bad encodings or something, because when transcoded they work 100% of the time ... it sucks but other than transcoding i haven't found a solution

oh and yeah, only itunes can't handle them. WMP, traktor and the rest is just fine

okay well I'm glad to know that there is a solution. What does one need to do in order to transcode?

i read that it has to do with the ID3 tags, if you change the ID3 tags they will import, this has happened to me on some occasions, but I still haven't gotten around to changing the ID3 tags to know if 100% it will work, plus I don't know what to use to change the ID3 tags.

But yes it is 99% likely the ID3 tags are responsible, I researched this problem when I ran into it before.

cheers,

-BMO
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast