Road Ready Flight case

Default Road Ready Flight case

Has anyone got any experience with these? (can't post pics at work, sorry for the link).

Just want to know if they are any good as may be interested? Did a quick search but couldn't see them mentioned here.

http://store.roadreadycases.com/dyn_...CI300&k=154472
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Description:
    The RRVCI300 is an ATA style case for both a computer and Vestax VCI300 that converts into a mobile workstation at a moments notice. The VCI is attached to a sliding tray by hook and loop fasteners that hold it down during transport. The laptop has a separate section on top of the case along with a dedicated cable port on the back side of the unit to allow you to leave the cables attached during transport.
    I'm not sure I would trust velcro to hold the VCI during transport. The other problem I see with that case is that when you pull the drawer that the VCI sits on there's noting underneath it to support it. I think that would be an easy enough fix though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Road Ready make great cases. Bit expensive though.

Swan are cheaper, lesser quality but good enough for my technics.
    They also make bespoke cases. My mate has a custom Korg Zero 4 case which i have borrowed, its spot on.

http://www.swanflight.com/

I suppose that's in the testing, would need to find somewhere that has them on sale, they're here in the UK so will check it out. For the velcro problem I'm sure we could add some extra padding to really make it sturdy.

The cable port at the back is a bonus but hopefully as it's mainly for 300's there will be somewhere to stick the Audio 2?

I'm building unit at the mo to have my stuff on for playing at home and I was thinking of making a sunken recess for this to sit if it's worth having.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Road Ready make great cases. Bit expensive though.

Swan are cheaper, lesser quality but good enough for my technics.
    They also make bespoke cases. My mate has a custom Korg Zero 4 case which i have borrowed, its spot on.

http://www.swanflight.com/
    I have a mate at HTFR who can hook me up for £130 or there abouts, with a good carry bag being around £80 I think the extra is worth it if I can build it into my unit.

Dust protection = done
    Carrying = done
    set up anywhere = done
    Gordon Ramsey style list = done!!! BOOM
    Last edited by Fyoog; 07-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.

nice case but pricey, i converted a turntable flight case into a laptop/ ext HD / sound card/ and all power supplies and audio and midi connections. cost me under £100.

its in the "my setup" thread
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...postcount=1468

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
    nice case but pricey, i converted a turntable flight case into a laptop/ ext HD / sound card/ and all power supplies and audio and midi connections. cost me under £100.

its in the "my setup" thread
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...postcount=1468
    That's awesome Quiggers, do you use it out? Can you play from it? Does the soundcard not get hot sealed inside? What from your set up do you take with this?

It gets a little warm but nothing to worry about, left a 3mm gap the whole way round for ventalation, i've done 6hr events and never had a heat related problem.

most gigs i just bring the laptop, some cd's and headphones, but when ever i do a mobile gig i bring everything i need, amp, speakers, lights, mixer, cd decks and stands.

I bring my bcr2000 out when ever i get to do my ableton live stuff but that rarely as in ireland people dont like what the dont know, and the tend to know very little, i was mid liveset one night and a girl stumbled up and asked if i could play lady gaga next and dedicate it to her pal for her birthday. you cant tell someone to feck off to another venue but i hinted strongly that maybe she should.

I had my eye on the Road Ready case as well.

But too $$ to get it here in SA.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin