External USB soundcard for Traktor & Netbook
    Tech Student

Default External USB soundcard for Traktor & Netbook

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a cheap USB soundcard that has multi-channels for my EEEPC 901 (XP SP3)? I want to I use it to DJ (at home, just for rehearsing) with Traktor. So I need to monitor 1 track in my headphones whilst the other track comes through the speakers.

I have seen many such devices on ebay. For example:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

These only have mic and headphone jacks. Will I need a USB device with two headphone jacks?

Cheers for any help.

Hi Mate. Depending on your budget i would recommend either the Numark DJIO, or The Native Instruments AUDIO 2. Both are quite small and do the job, my vote would be for the AUDIO 2 between the two tho. Not sure of the price on the DJIO, but the AUDIO 2 you can get from these guys for $99 US.
    Last edited by Jester; 07-23-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Student

Cheers for that. Don't really want to spend more than US$100.

The audio 2 has amazing sound quality as well, although i've never used the DJIO. I swear the Audio 2 sounds the exact same as the Audio 8.

Yes, get the Audio 2, Based off of the 8 and 4's audio chipset if I remember right
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)