BPM's not storing in Traktor Pro
    Tech Student

Default BPM's not storing in Traktor Pro

good afternoon,

ive just converted from VirtualDJ to Traktor Pro and am having some issues storing the BPMs. When I add a song from the itunes playlist on to a deck it analyses the BPM however it doesnt store it in the playlist. Ive noticed there are a few MP3s that do have BPMs stored, the ones that dont have "Not Editable" written beneath them.

Is there a way of doing a BPM anaylsis for all of my MP3s in a playlist and storing them?

I really appreciate any help you can give me.

thanks,

Wilko
    Last edited by wilko; 07-24-2010 at 06:12 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The iTunes Browser is "Read Only". You cannot Edit in the itunes browser in Traktor.
    This helps to speed up the itunes node.

For tracks to show BPM values in the iTunes browser they must be imported to the collection first.
    If you select 'Import To Collection" on tracks in the iTunes browser Traktor will analyse them. Then refresh the iTunes Node and it will show BPMs.

Worth reading about the Traktor Collection in the manual dude.
    Even if you work from the iTunes browser ALL track must be added to the Traktor Collection. Traktors Collection is its heart, everything works around the collection.

hope that helps
    K

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Importing to the collection just tells Traktor where the song is so it doesn't take up any more space on your hard drive if your worried about that. Plus you get album artwork and it works better IMO.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Exactly... the Collection.nml is the most important bit of Traktor. Its vital.

All tracks played are auto added to the collection but its much better that they are already in the collection to speed up load times and for all the browser info to be shown.