Loveparade panic kills 10 people - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    I can tell you that, although I was a long way away from the disaster, these were my saddest moments of DJing ever. People die and you have to make sure that thousands of others have fun and party, so they don't put themselves in a potentially dangerous situation.
    That, sir, is professionalism and commitment to the art. Deep respect.

Well said.
    i hope the lessons learned from this most unfortunate occurance are taken to heart and improve future events. Anyone know of any sort of donation or charity for the victim's family?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I found out this morning I know someone from here who was there. She's pretty freaked out and coming home today.

we had to keep on playing for a very long time, until officials finally gave us the Okay to stop way past midnight. Apparently they were scared that all the people would get pissed off or would panic as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    That, sir, is professionalism and commitment to the art. Deep respect.
    Agreed, you may have saved other lives by continuing to play.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

19 deaths now. This is really horrible.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...ampede-100725/
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by hoxoboxo View Post
    Hopefully they will have a festival next year.

Killing livestream is not cool. I hope they put it up real soon. Black ribbon on the side would be apropriatte. (sorry for my spelling, i'm a bit drunk)
    Love parade is no more people.

Tech Mentor

I was there spinning on a float that had been positoned about 1 Kilometer away from the main area. It was a little park area. We were placed there as a sort of buffer, so the massive stream of people trying to get to the main area would spread out a little.
    When the news about the disaster came everybody was very insecure about what to do. DJs, promoters, security and officials. Even that tiny park was packed with people, I guess it was a crowd of 7000 or 8000 people or so. In the end, although we desperately wanted to stop, we had to keep on playing for a very long time, until officials finally gave us the Okay to stop way past midnight. Apparently they were scared that all the people would get pissed off or would panic as well. I can tell you that, although I was a long way away from the disaster, these were my saddest moments of DJing ever. People die and you have to make sure that thousands of others have fun and party, so they don't put themselves in a potentially dangerous situation. Man, there will be a lot of sleepless nights coming.

My condolences go out to all the families of those who got killed or hurt.
    if anyone didn't get to read the post above, well i quoted it. make sure you read it.

thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123