Ableton Follow Actions at Clip End + Momentary Dummy Clips (Solved!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton Follow Actions at Clip End + Momentary Dummy Clips (Solved!)

One of the biggest changes i'd like to see made to Ableton is the ability to have a follow action at clip end.... With my first Isotonik modular device a simple affair called F0llow this is achieved....

As i was developing the device it struck me thanks to a reminder with WillJMarshall's DJ Template Redux that it's been a while since i toyed with dummy clips, again i dropped these in the past because i couldn't quite achieve what i wanted with them e.g. momentary control, i wanted clips set to gate that would effect the signal as long as they were pressed but when released all effects should return to zero. There is a cool workaround if you just want to turn an effect on and off but if you wanted more complicated patterns this became impossible without some midi loopback business occuring...

The brief video linked below demonstrates how the new feature works solving both problems...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he_ykyccNr0

The device is available to all members of the Isotonik dropbox, membership of which is a simple click of the paypal buy now button to the right...

Cheers
    D

Nice workaround. I have a feeling that i need to start brushing up on my max4live.

Finally!!! Momentary dummy clips wthout Bomes! Good work, D!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Geez, you never know who you are going to bump into do you. Not surprising to find S4racen and Patch lurking around here. Just new to DJTT but some great stuff.

Tech Mentor

Ha Ha it's all the usual suspects!

Most of the forumers are Traktor around here but there's some cracking Ableton users on here that don't wander across to the other forums' much...

I'm just having great fun with the Tom Cosm dummy clips!

Cheers
    D

Welcome aboard, rishi - how's that Ms. Pinky M4L patch coming along?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

S4, You know what would be really cool... if there was a way you could have a legato mode where you could press to trigger a clip in a batch and when you released it returned to play the first clip but instead of playing from the beginning it played from where it left off + the time it was playing the second clip. Or maybe it would just be easier to use the crossfader for that? Jut thinking aloud.

Patch, What are you ... the admin at Ms Pinky? I wanted to try the vst. Free to friends of Ms Pinky but couldnt find a way to download it?? what am i missing?

Tech Mentor

Think you could set the clips to legato and then you wouldn't have to worry about quantize at all....?

Cheers
    D

My god, Darren. You're everywhere!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by willrjmarshall View Post
    My god, Darren. You're everywhere!
    I try.... Just uploading a new video, you may change your opinion on return tracks after it??

Cheers
    D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast