Latency Issues with Windows 7 and Bootcamp 3.1
    Tech Convert

Default Latency Issues with Windows 7 and Bootcamp 3.1

I am running a fresh install of Windows 7 on my older Macbook Pro with the stock Bootcamp 3.1 drivers. Also installed are the latest ASIO4ALL and Numark DJIO drivers for Windows 7. Nothing else. CPU use is nice and low when running my audio apps now, but something seems to be spiking the hell out of my latency every so often. Anyone know which driver could be the bad one? Numark's? Apple's bluetooth driver? I am in the process of shutting them down one by one to see, but can't seem to figure out which processes I can do without, or how to turn off some of the system processes. Windows 7 denies me access to shut off some of the drivers through the device manager.

Anyone with current knowledge of this that can help me out? Thanks!

Why use 7 instead of OSX?

Tech Convert

I mix music videos and don't want to be tied down to Serato hardware, which leaves me pretty much with virtual DJ as viable software. VDJ is absolute ass on OSX for video, so therefore I must run Windows. I have a small 50GB partition that is dedicated for Virtual DJ and want to tweak it to run as efficiently as possible. Right now I am having a major latency issue for some reason.

May i ask what version of VDJ u are using? this may be the root of all evil
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

What video chipset is in your macbook? Try downloading the drivers from intel and using those, but that's what the apple one's are really, just rebranded. All Bootcamp is is the partitioning software that also modifies your GUID boot partition to allow you to select either OS in the MBPs Open-Firmware at boot. The drivers are provided by the hardware manufacturers (apple puts the device in, intel/nvidia/etc makes the device and software) also might try upgrading the drivers if it's the nvidia card. You could also try clocking your card to it's normal speed when plugged into AC and then underclocking it back to it's original state (they did this for heat and batt, if run on stand perfectly ok) to get better video performance out of it. Don't know if links or soft for that are against TOS on DJTT... :-/ El Goog :-D
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Convert

My graphics card is nothing great, the ATI Radeon X1600: Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600. VDJ seems to run better on weak cards anyways hehe. Just visit the forums to see many people complaining about performance with Nvidia cards and the high performance cards.

I have tried all the VDJ 6 versions as they have come out, but have gone back to the 6.0.5 version as I feel the latest versions are not as snappy as this one. (purely speculation/gut feeling on my behalf) I will look into the graphics card driver...

Yeah man, X1600 should be completely fine, I don't remember, does VDJ use OpenGL or DirectX for it's video rendering? I would assume DX in Windowz. Run your DX Benchmark? Also download ATITool for windows, clock your ATI card back up... I GUARANTEE you will see performance increase. I'd stress test it though, going up in 50mhz increments. Also I'd recommend using a fan util to keep your fan at 100% when doing this too. The card can handle it, it was built for faster than norm speeds in macbooks (norm being apple's underclocked battery/heat saving move). Only problem, is that it wasn't designed to be on a table and dissipate that much heat, so, over time it could cause damage. iCurve/LStand FTW! :-D I've done this successfully myself 5 times for people. Only one with a problem was my friend's who had the shoddy Nvidia card (2.2ghz C2D MBP, known problem under normal circumstances)
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)