128 kpbs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 128 kpbs

Default 128 kpbs

I've got a few songs from, *ahem* questionable sources which are 128kpbs

now, this is just about.. 50 or so songs so I'm not a massive pirateer or anything like that. Would there be a noticeable difference in a club environment if a tune that was 128 kpbs was dropped compared to the same song that was 320 kpbs?
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

There will be a huge difference in quality on any decent sound system. Do yourself a favor and buy the songs. I myself check blogs for the hot new tracks, but i don't download there crappy versions, i just write it in my notepad and buy it later. If you can't afford to buy mass amounts of tracks, which happens to me all the time, check out different artist soundcloud pages. You'll be surprised how many artist give away there tracks for free.

K i'll hit up soundcloud. I just don't have the money to drop, but I'll start saving to replace the 128kbps songs.

Any ideas on how to get some more high quality tracks without having to spend the money?
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes you will very much be able to tell the difference between a 128 song and a 320 song, especially if they're played next to each other. There is no easy way to get free good quality songs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Soundcloud is my go to place for tracks when i'm broke. Kids At The Bar has tons of tracks for free on there. Just search for artist that you like and check out there pages, most of the artist have atleast a few songs for free.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Kids At The Bar .
    +Loads

I like their remixes a lot. The Passion Pit one is great.

Right, that track always gets the floor movin'.

192 Kbps MINIMUM dude.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Platinum Notes?
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

when i first got interested in music, i didnt believe this made a difference but really - just listen to it on a decent set of speakers.

before i got into production i would rip all of my cd's to my computer with the lowest bit rate to save space... listen to that shit on a decent set of speakers - low rate versus high rate... it is just painfully obvious. amplify to fill a huge hall space it even gets worse.

i feel your pain as i have spent thousands of dollars buying shit and re-recording it at shit levels before i realized i was going no where for sampling and no where as far as straight dj'ing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast