Hip Hop MiX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hip Hop MiX

Tech Wizard

I will say something about Mixing Hip Hop, if you're using traktor.
    Definitley listen to how Good DJ's mix songs together on mixtapes, get inspired.
    I've found that with Hip Hop (if you're talking about tracks with vocals), you really won't be able to use a lot of effects in Traktor, because it won't sound good. I would really just work on tight transitions.
    The effects I use are: Beat Masher, sometimes Beatslicer, Delay, Transpose (I like to turn it to about 40 and drop it on the last word of somebody's lyrics, this makes it sound really low and cool), Filter, and Maybe Gater/iceverb. But for the most part, effects end up making the mixes sound kinda cruddy, so just spend time doing solid transitions and keeping a flow. I've also found that a lot of Hip-Hop DJs when playing things do a lot of quick cuts, and scratch in tracks quickly.These techniques get really used too much by DJs, because you don't get to hear if they can even keep the mix constant and it feels like they are just hitting a "next track" button. So Definitley don't try and do that.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sirtofu View Post
    I will say something about Mixing Hip Hop, if you're using traktor.
    Definitley listen to how Good DJ's mix songs together on mixtapes, get inspired....
    Wow, thanks a lot, great tips i'll try that for sure

P.S. Can you please recomend some mixtapes

Tech Wizard

Don Cannon, Greg Street mixtapes. Just stuff that has thought put into the song transitions. Also UGK - Trill Ass Mixes is a pretty incredible bootleg that can be found online for free.

Check out some 9th Wonder beats...sick hip hop beats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12