is there away to send audio to live from traktor?

Default is there away to send audio to live from traktor?

Ok just wondering is the away i can send audio from traktor through live
    i dont want to sync them i just want to play the music in traktor but use the effects from live,or what i have to try and sync just to do this?

There is a tutorial about this. Search for "smart mixing traktor into ableton"
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Iv'e read it before and thats for mixing in live

i just want to send audio to live and out of live but use traktor as my main program

It's also for mixing in Traktor. You have to use a virtual soundcard like SoundFlower or Jack to hijack the audio from Traktor and feed it in to Ableton by setting the input to the virtual soundcard. With mixing in Traktor you can only use the effects on the "master track" from Traktor.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

I think you might have read the wrong article, this article explains how to do exactly what you want...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/04/0...-with-ableton/

so i could just use the "audio cable" software to send the audio to live from traktor?
    and i wont need to set up the whole sync thing since i will just be applying efx to the channel?

Tech Guru

You don't have to only use the master channel in Live for FX. You can go external mode in Traktor, route individual channels into Live, process accordingly. External mode disables the Traktor volume faders, so you'll need to map your controller to Ableton's volume faders.

Something to keep in mind about syncing though, is that you're going to have much better luck with fx in Live sounding good, doing the right thing, etc, if you ARE synced. Alternately you can manually match the tempo in Live to your tempo in Traktor.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Keep in mind: only matching the tempo here is not enough. The tempo's may be the same, but they still can be out op phase. If you don't want to correctly sync Traktor and Ableton, don't sync your effects.

For example: the pingpong delay. You have the option to sync the delay and choose the delay time by clicking 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 or 16. This will not sound nice when the sync between Traktor and Ableton is not correct. Manually adjusting sounds better, as long as you make changes on beat. Press the "sync" button in the delay and now it changes in "time". The white bar next to it will show you the delay time in ms. Map a knob of your midi controller to it or adjust it with your mouse. Keep in mind to make the adjustment on beat with your sounds from Traktor. I use this method all the time. It takes some time getting things sounding right, but in the end you have the most control over the sound of your delay.

Good luck in the kitchen...
    Check out my work!