you know youre a DJ when.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

personally, i frequently listen to a song and listen for perfect loops to use for intros and outtros
    drives me mad when i though it would be a good loop and then i try it and its not

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post

You know you're a dj when you start doing eq sweeps on your car stereo to add dramatic effects and builds to the songs on the radio.
    hahaha. true. true.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

you know you're dj when; being given the boring job of wiping rice from the edges of pots of microwave curry you start pretending you're scratching.

also when i actually get to run the lines i sometimes fiddle with the settings to get different 'rhythms' from my machines to mix with each other.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    When you can guess a song by the first bar of its intro (even if it's just a drum beat).
    totally!
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    I'm guilty of this one.

You know you're a dj when you start doing eq sweeps on your car stereo to add dramatic effects and builds to the songs on the radio.
    This. Also when you want to turn up the volume of the stereo you time the volume increase with a bass drop.

When you drum your fingers to your washing machine cycle to make it sound like a tune....

OR

It's one of the greatest moments of the week/ month/ year when you have the radio on and at the same time your cell phone rings and the two tunes mix together.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    When you drum your fingers to your washing machine cycle to make it sound like a tune....
    amateur beatboxing ftw

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    you know you're dj when; being given the boring job of wiping rice from the edges of pots of microwave curry you start pretending you're scratching.
    +1. Back when I was a dishwasher I always cleaned everything as if I was scratching.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    youre reminded of mixing while you try to keep the speedo exactly on the sped limit (beatmatching. think of the pedal as the pitch fader, the needle as deck b and the speed limit as deck a)

post your own
    LOL....BACK in the day....before i was allowed to drive....my sidekick and I used to go to town clubbing in his works little van.

We used to drive along the sides of the road and onramps hitting all the cats eyes (you now them reflector things in the road) and guess the BPM.

LAME!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

When you give people a lecture for using the word "techno".

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast