Traktor Pro - Midi Mapping for Dummies.

Default Traktor Pro - Midi Mapping for Dummies.

I'm one of those guys who just want things to work. If I develope an interest for something and how it's done I get involved but when it doesn't seem logical I just lose my temper.

I work a lot in Propellerheads Reason to produce music and it has the easiest and most genious midi mapping where you just right click the desired software button/knob/wheel and move where you want it to learn from on your midi device. Setting up the, in comparison, very few buttons in Traktor on the VCI 100 seems to be a bit more of a "pour 5 liters of coffee in a ginormous cup and cancel all plans for the weekend"-deal.

To put it simply, I can't get it to work. I applied the bundled VCI 100 that came with Traktor Pro but it was useless, so I started googling and found something that worked for the most part but basics like cue/play could not be programmed as the function could not be programmed to "trigger".

I downloaded Eans and saw he had the jump to cue function instead and it seemed to work and on the right side it works, left, no. The issues don't stop here.

The effect button between the EQ rows of the VCI 100 seem to send the same signal as one of the "effect on" buttons (the one furthest to the right) so when I press either one, the other one tags along for the ride.

I also can't seem to get the tempo bend thing to work. Nothing happens when I press the button up/down with my mouse in tractor, or when I slide the jog wheel. It sends the MIDI correct and the button in Traktor lights up but no action.

I don't know if I'm the one who's totally retarded here but I could sure use some help getting this set up properly and looking for answers online, I don't even know what to start with so... anyone bored enough, please give me your input on this.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

oh and also... why isn't there an EDIT button on each MIDI command? Is it really smart to have to delete and add the new command everytime?
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    Setting up the, in comparison, very few buttons in Traktor on the VCI 100 seems to be a bit more of a "pour 5 liters of coffee in a ginormous cup and cancel all plans for the weekend"-deal.
    Welcome to the story of our lives :\ Its a hard slog and its alot of work but the rewards are worth it.

The whole midi engine has been revamped so everyones has a steep learning curve to go though at the moment to adapt to the new way of doing things.

Start with one thing at a time, its a bit daunting at first but as you get you start chipping off you will begin to pick things up.

Other alternative is to just stick with Eans mappings and help by submitting bug reports in the appropriate post.

I wanted to do that at first but I don't work the way he does when mixing. I like a basic, traditional setup with a Cue/Play, Cue, tempo bend and EQ. Then from there, I want to build as I go along, baby steps You don't just sit down by a piano and start pounding Mozart.

And getting stuck with such a basic step such as Cue/Play (CUP) that's not able to pull a simple trigger mode rather then hold or toggle... I have to ask: WHY GOD, WHY?!?!

Default Solved CUP Cue/Play.

Here are the controls:
    - Cue/Loops: Jump to Act CUE (TRIGGER)
    - Transport: Play/Pause (DIRECT - ON, Button Options - ON )

NOTE for Play/Pause: Make sure you have set "ON" in the Button Options Dropdown otherwise this will not work

Bind both to the same button.

You should post that in this thread
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...rn+traktor+pro
    If you do ill love you, id like to keep it alive if possible - this could potentially be a really good thread for people getting their heads around Traktor Pro's midi mappings.