Dicer vs Midi Fighter
    Tech Mentor

Default Dicer vs Midi Fighter

Hello DJ TT community,

Let me first start by appologizing for posting in the wrong forum sub-section. For some reason, I am not able to log-in to post in the Controller forum in particular. Anyone else have this problem? Anyways, my appologies, hopefully a mod can move this for me?

Ok, to the purpose of this post:

I just purchased a Dicer. Haven't recieved it yet (hopefully today!), but after reading these forums for about a year now, I feel very connected to the community, and think it's incredible that DJ TT develops products like this for us DJs/performers. I had to support. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the product looks genius in design, so simple and usefull.

Anyways, the midi fighter is also something I've been incredible interested in for a long time. The only thing that detered me is the fact that I'd have to map the thing myself (for a non-"computer"-guy like me, it seems daunting). The auto-map with the dicer as well as it's portability was a huge selling point for me. I would be totally willing to buy a midi fighter as well, in addition to the Dicer, but was wondering if any Serato guys out there have tested both, and could give me a little feedback on their preferences for a live performance. Which one gives you the greater performance? The arcade buttons in the Midi fighter look amazing. I could just see myself hitting those buttons super hard in a pinch, hitting the right loop bang on, because they look like they are meant for abuse and responsiveness.

Thanks for the responses

-PL>Y

you dont have to map it your self djtt have there own midi fighter tsi you can download for traktor watch eans videos on the midi fighter

There's a midi fighter mapping for serato, and even a video to go with it...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we3WGZZDZEU

Tech Mentor

Have you guys had a chance to try both products out? Is the midi fighter the best out there in terms of responsiveness?

The Midi Fighter is the king of responsive controls, but I am impressed with the Dicer. It is a big step up from the Launchpad and is quite playable.

If you have TTs, the Dicer is a total no-brainer as you use some wasted real estate. But for controller or CDJ DJs, I would go for the Midi Fighter first.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I haven't used a midi fighter but I do love my dicer. The buttons are sensitive and easy to use and the color indicators are great.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    If you have TTs, the Dicer is a total no-brainer as you use some wasted real estate. But for controller or CDJ DJs, I would go for the Midi Fighter first.

Phil.
    Where are you going to put your dicer's Phil? I've seen pictures of them on a laptop, but I don't really like that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Where are you going to put your dicer's Phil? I've seen pictures of them on a laptop, but I don't really like that.
    Personally I don't get that either, how do you close it if they are stuck on there? I know you can stick and remove them but one day the screen will close on them and POW, you need a new screen...

I have a plan in the works for them and when it starts to come together, I will be sure to share it. For the moment they are stuck to my DJ table but they should find a more practical home by next week.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I have been thinking about getting a midi fighter.....but am not sold really.

I like the dicer tho....cuz i am looking for something to control my TT's cue point on Deck C and D.

I think I will go with the Dicer for now.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin