LAME frustration

Default LAME frustration

I'm about ready to snap my laptop in half here. I'm trying to run the LAME encoder throught EAC for CD ripping and Foobar for converting, but there just seems to be some damn problem with my computer recognising the LAME.exe file. EAC won't find it in it's encoder search, and when I try to browse to the file in the LAME directory, the .bat file won't show up. But it will show up if I go into the file through explorer.

Any ideas?!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

The application is probably looking for the "lame_enc.dll" file rather than the "lame.exe" to use it as a plugin.

What's "EAC"? Probably not Electronic Arts Canada...
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 11-15-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Ha, no it ain't Electronic Arts Canada. It's Exact Audio Copy, CD ripping software. It's a bit temperamental, but gives the best ripping results.

I had it before, but since doing a reinstall of windows, LAME has been giving me trouble trying to set it up in my audio converter and ripping software.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

I had the same issue with audacity it needs LAME to encode mp3's i downloaded the file here:http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?lame_enc
    Also are u usin xp or vista? as vista sometimes puts things in strange places.

As for ripping / converting Audacuty & nero are worth a try...
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Got it sorted out. Still don't understand it, but it seems the latest version of LAME (3.98.2) I was downloading didn't have the LAME.exe file in it, only the MS-Dos Batch file.

I downloaded a previous version (3.97) and all is as it should be now.

Thanks guys.