Best lights for at home
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Best lights for at home

I would like to get some lights just for home use nothing especially fancy and im not really sure what would be the best thing to get just need a light to light up my booth. preferable something not to expensive- thankyou in advance

These always work for me.

If you want something a little more high tech you could go with these...

Sorry, but in all seriousness. Check out some of the cheaper stuff by American DJ, and Chavet. I have a couple American DJ Mini-Gressor's that i picked up cheap, i use them for small shows and house party's. They always seem to go over pretty well.

i use one of these i mount to on my tripod and it points down on my mixer it has a hole in the barrel of the gun which produces a yellow light and the blue light just looks cool http://www.lazyboneuk.com/products/Magic-Gun-Light.html
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post

These always work for me.

If you want something a little more high tech you could go with these...

Sorry, but in all seriousness. Check out some of the cheaper stuff by American DJ, and Chavet. I have a couple American DJ Mini-Gressor's that i picked up cheap, i use them for small shows and house party's. They always seem to go over pretty well.

i was just wondering how long it would take until someone would post a normal lightbulb thankyou for those suggestions ill take a look see

Quote Originally Posted by HerbStrike View Post
    i use one of these i mount to on my tripod and it points down on my mixer it has a hole in the barrel of the gun which produces a yellow light and the blue light just looks cool http://www.lazyboneuk.com/products/Magic-Gun-Light.html

hmmm i was thinking of getting some LED strips and putting them behind my expedit and on my speaker stands but im not sure how it would work or if it would work well ty

Tech Mentor

Get a lava lamp, I used to have one and it worked great.
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

Good question by the OP. I have been considering the same thing for a couple months.

This thread on the lighting section at DJ Forums is useful for an overall intro to lighting.

But I would just check this post on that thread for some YouTube examples of what different effect lighting looks like.

The guy in that thread makes a good point that you may want to consider some wash lighting instead of an effect light - if that's all you're going for - because a single effect might get a little boring after awhile, but a wash light can provide more general ambiance. Not sure I'm entirely convinced, but it's something worth considering.

Tech Mentor

hunt craigslist. i got a 10 foot truss, mushroom, comet, 4 bank, and rope light for 150

@dual thankyou im gunna check those out right know and @ tristan i stalk craigslist and ebay for bargains all the time :P

Tech Convert

If you want some basic lighting - I'd start with a couple Par cans. Throw in an effect or two - starting with a decent moonflower or scanning moonflower effect (ADJ Led Reflex).

99% of the time, that's all you need for a basic set up.

If you just need some light in your booth, I'd grab a par can or two and mount them overhead with a slow fade (or perhaps sound active). The LED Jr's from Chauvet (Par 30's) work well for this sort of thing. If you go with a 'larger' fixture - like a par 56, then I'd use a diffuser over the top (make sure it comes with a gel frame - or at least supports you using one).

Lighting doesn't take much in a small space.

And if nothing else, grab a mirror ball, and a couple pinspots.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast