We dont book DJ's that use controllers! - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Here in Dallas Tx we dont have that problem. Seems that most clubs here want you to have Serato or Traktor. And 9 times out of 10 they will be willing to let you set you midi controllers and laptop up so you can play at your best.

I do understand that alot of "ravers" these days still want to see records and cds being played. But we all have to evolve and move on. Within the next 2-5 years we will see more laptop laptop djs in clubs.

Haha nah, its an old monty python logo...could be a crazy monkey mouth i spose

Tech Mentor

This happened to me not so long ago when I used a controller. Just bite the bullet and play on CDJ's, they are more fun then you think... I now use DVS and turntables which is even more of a struggle! No where has turntables (at least fully functioning ones) any more
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

I can agree with what a lot of you all are saying. But there are a lot of djs out there that have never touched a cdj or turntables because of mixing with laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracas View Post
    I can agree with what a lot of you all are saying. But there are a lot of djs out there that have never touched a cdj or turntables because of mixing with laptops.
    so?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

So??

Quote Originally Posted by Fracas View Post
    So??
    whats the problem with DJs that never touched cdjs or tts?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    so?
    so until dinosaur mentality promoters pull they're heads out of their arses some of the 'nu breed' are stuck in limbo until attitudes change as they don't have the same ability/experience with tt/cdj systems.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

There is nothing wrong with it. Im just saying when people talk to promotors wanting gigs they cant get them because they only mix with a laptop. Ive been mixing on TT and CDjs for 10 years. Im just now switching to Traktor because of the change in my area.

Tech Mentor

Prejudiced jerks. 90% of the people on the dance floor don't even know what the hell the DJ is doing, the other 9% are absolutely tanked to even know where they are, and the other 1% is having a blast listening to those EQ transitions.

The sad thing is that you can do way more tricks with midi and have way more options to mix music (if you exclude scratching of course, but who does that for EDM anyway).

Eventually the promoters will have to switch, I am sure of it.

Also I think it would help a lot to have a large midi-controller so there is some visual (ex. apc40).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast