Cue/Grid Point Glitch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Cue/Grid Point Glitch?

After over a year of lurking, I finally have something to post. I am currently using my lpd8 to practice cue point juggling and I am getting some weird behavior. When I perform fast juggles I notice that sometimes my cues will switch to grid markers or grid to cue points.

I have recreated the problem and found it to happen when I hit 2 hot cue buttons of different types at nearly the same time. What happens is the second one that I hit gets turned into a grid marker if the first button was a grid marker (or cue point if I hit a cue point then grid marker in rapid succession).

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone else recreate this? Most importantly, does anyone know of a solution to this?

Thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So if cue point 1 is a grid marker and cue point 2 is just a regular cure point and you juggle real fast between the two cue point 2 will change to a grid marker and 1 will be regular?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i have a similar but more rare problem, but i think its just the latency

if i use my keyboard to trigger a cue point, it will work the first time and if i hit it again in less than one beat it will go to 1/2 beat before the cue point

this dosnt happen frequently, and i know its a latency issue because once i use an external sound card the problem is no more

maybe your problem can be solved similarly

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    So if cue point 1 is a grid marker and cue point 2 is just a regular cure point and you juggle real fast between the two cue point 2 will change to a grid marker and 1 will be regular?
    Not exactly. If cue point 1 is a grid marker and 2 is a regular cue point, either 2 will become a grid marker as well throwing off my grid or 1 will turn to a regular cue point removing my grid.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    i have a similar but more rare problem, but i think its just the latency

if i use my keyboard to trigger a cue point, it will work the first time and if i hit it again in less than one beat it will go to 1/2 beat before the cue point

this dosnt happen frequently, and i know its a latency issue because once i use an external sound card the problem is no more

maybe your problem can be solved similarly
    This sounds like you have quantize and/or snap on.

Quote Originally Posted by thugbear2005 View Post
    Not exactly. If cue point 1 is a grid marker and 2 is a regular cue point, either 2 will become a grid marker as well throwing off my grid or 1 will turn to a regular cue point removing my grid.
    do you have the buttons mapped to also set the kind of cue? double check the mapping and make sure those buttons are just mapped as 'set+store/select hot cue'.

assuming that is the case, is the deck you're juggling synced to the master deck/clock? or set as the master deck? if the latter i would guess that it's also taking a 'tap tempo' reading and regridding or removing the grid based on the input it's getting.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    do you have the buttons mapped to also set the kind of cue? double check the mapping and make sure those buttons are just mapped as 'set+store/select hot cue'.

assuming that is the case, is the deck you're juggling synced to the master deck/clock? or set as the master deck? if the latter i would guess that it's also taking a 'tap tempo' reading and regridding or removing the grid based on the input it's getting.
    I specifically created a new mapping to test this out, mapping only 'set+store/select hot cue' 1-8 on the lpd8 pads. Also, I made the one track I'm juggling the only track loaded to a deck (which would make it the master, correct?) and was able to recreate the glitch. It doesn't change the tempo, it just converts an existing cue point into a grid marker or grid to cue.

In regards to the post about it being latency, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem. I'm using a shitty desktop while I make up my mind about what laptop I'm getting with financial aid from school.
    Last edited by thugbear2005; 07-30-2010 at 02:59 AM.

what version is it?

SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I duplicated it with a home brew VCI-100SE using the newest 3_5_2 mapping. I had the grid marker as 1 a cue point as 2, another cue point as 3 and the track was locked. Juggling between 2 and 3 did nothing, but juggling between 1 and 2 eventually changed the grid marker to cue point 1. I will say I had to go very fast and would never juggle that fast in real life though.

Not sure what the problem is though.

EDIT: tried it again and this time cue point 2 changed to grid marker 2 and cue point 1 remained grid marker 1.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

odd....

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast