Pook pook is this possible?
    Tech Wizard

Default Pook pook is this possible?

I Have seen alot of DJs using too laptops, and i was wondering if it was possible to somehow connect two laptops togeather and be running traktor on one screen and ableton on the other one, but somehow theyre synced uno? ne ways thnx n advance everybodi ur all really helpful! <333

Quote Originally Posted by lilONE View Post
    I Have seen alot of DJs using too laptops, and i was wondering if it was possible to somehow connect two laptops togeather and be running traktor on one screen and ableton on the other one, but somehow theyre synced uno? ne ways thnx n advance everybodi ur all really helpful! <333
    Traktor + Ableton rocks

Basicly you can pipe the midi timecode over a LAN using one of the many midi over lan options there are out there, its that or sync it by hand.

I would say keep it on the one pc with the routing options we have articles for

Some DJ's and live acts also use 2 copy's of logic running at the same time to do their thing.

Also it's worth searching youtube for richie hawtin I seem to remeber him talkin about several DJ's mixing together with traktor over the net? maybe I was dreaming lol.
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin_papa View Post
    Also it's worth searching youtube for richie hawtin I seem to remeber him talkin about several DJ's mixing together with traktor over the net? maybe I was dreaming lol.
    No you weren't dreaming it is one of the videos that Hawtin did for NI. You can find them on the NI site.

The show that he and the M-NUS crew did, was called Contakt. You might be able to find some more info on the net about this one.

He did Clock signal broadcasts from and to other peoples (connected) laptops, and mixed the sounds of all connected laptops with a big 6- channel A&H Xone 464 club mixer.

Some producers where doing Ableton sets, and some DJs would do Traktor.
    Last edited by tekki; 11-16-2008 at 07:38 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --