??? on SE FW/.tks files
    Tech Wizard

Default ??? on SE FW/.tks files

Hi Ean (and all),
    Just upgraded fw, as well as installed the overlay.....my questions are these:

1) There are 2 basic .tks files for the SE, correct? (one for turntable style, and one for cdj1000 style)

2) Do the sync, drop, pause, and play buttons always stay orange, or can they be made to stay lit green (like for example, I hit sync, so it'll let me know I've synced one side, OR when I hit "play" so I don't accidentally stop the wrong deck)??

Thanks!
    (PS: sorry for the double post, but I think I put it in the wrong spot)

Tech Wizard

OK, Ean says the answer is basically yes..."You need to change sync to toggle and add a midi output assignment for play"

I know how to change sync to toggle....but how do I add a midi output assignment for Play?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oquela View Post
    OK, Ean says the answer is basically yes..."You need to change sync to toggle and add a midi output assignment for play"

I know how to change sync to toggle....but how do I add a midi output assignment for Play?
    thats in preference in traktor just make sure that midi in and midi out are active

Tech Wizard

Ok, I figured out getting the sync light to stay on:
    1. found the midi command for sync and duplicated it (it's on the 1st midi page)
    2. changed one of the duplicates to "output" (for each side)

How do I do this for the play button to stay on? there are LOTS of play commands on the 4 midi pages.

Help!

i would only do that on the first page- the other ones are going to get complicated.

Tech Wizard

Ean,
    What do I need to do to keep the play button lit green during play? Can you walk me through the steps (think "midi for dummies") since I really can't figure it out.

I guessed correctly for the sync button to stay green, but I've run out of luck getting the play button to stay green when playing.

thanks!

Tech Wizard

I not fluent in midi. Can anyone help with this?